GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks vs Los Angeles Kings, 5pm PT

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Holy f*** guys enough rimming it around the boards on the PP. Making me pull my hair out. Zero unpredictability. No confidence. Just shoot the f***ing puck if you don't want to move your feet.

Reactions: HanSolo

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That is the most flaccid PP to ever exist.

PP?

IMG_6631.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ducks DVM

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
There's nothing more that can be said about it. They need to simplify, get a lucky/greasy one to build some confidence and lift the cloud. That's all there is to it, but that means focusing on just getting pucks to the net.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
From what I can tell, the PP strategy is:

Step 1: Skate the puck to the boards and turn your back to the play.

Step 2: Wait for the opponent to steal the puck from you. If no opponent is there, proceed to step 3.

Step 3: Rim the puck around the boards and repeat step 2.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There's nothing more that can be said about it. They need to simplify, get a lucky/greasy one to build some confidence and lift the cloud. That's all there is to it, but that means focusing on just getting pucks to the net.
You mean on the powerplay? I really don't think that's all it's going to take. I could buy it if they at least looked dangerous with the extra man and played to some kind of recognizable system.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Other than that, that period was a snoozer. It’s never not funny how games against the Kings since the Sutter-era are always boring regardless of personnel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad