GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks vs Los Angeles Kings, 5pm PT

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
That said, they actually looked pretty good 5v5 and did a better job exiting the zone. They’re just not shooting the puck.

And that is 100% on the players, there’s no way Cronin is telling them NOT to shoot.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
You mean on the powerplay? I really don't think that's all it's going to take. I could buy it if they at least looked dangerous with the extra man and played to some kind of recognizable system.
Well it isn't a talent problem. You can tell they are all overthinking every decision and are completely frozen. They need to loosen up.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
That was a good period though. They played well defensively and had some good cycling plays. As per usual, they need to be aggressive with putting pucks in the crease.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
For those having trouble with Victory on any tv app, try this… worked for me:

Click play on the last game against the Avs. That should start to play. Now exit out and click on the Kings game. Then it should, or could, work.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well it isn't a talent problem. You can tell they are all overthinking every decision and are completely frozen. They need to loosen up.
I agree. But I don't think that's the whole story. My insinuation is they're not being coached properly. To elaborate, I think the coaching at the fundamental elements of the game have been subpar. Execution of passes under defensive pressure, the ability to win battles, general positioning...this team is inept when they have an offensive zone set up going and the opposing defense has set up their structure. Most of the offense gets generated off the rush, if at all, or not at all.

I agree with @AngelDuck that it's not just Clune at this point. And I don't think a single goal is gonna somehow open the floodgates. They're simply not playing the right way with the extra man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad