GDT: Game 5/82 Isles @ Blues 7PM CST BSMW

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
- Broberg looks even better than advertised. Still wince when I see #6 handling the puck in our zone, thanks to Marco. Looks great in all 3 zones, and that pass at the end was a beaut.

- Very well rounded game for Kyrou. Not sure what some of you guys are wanting.

- Bolduc looked a lot more comfortable. I think keeping him up is the right move. Him going down and doing well in the AHL would be fine, but this is definitely better for his development as long as the numbers game allows.

- Schenn is Jekyll and Hyde. There are times when he seems like the smartest player on the ice, like that turnover and near goal. Then there are times like in OT when he gets walked easily. I'm sure we'll see more of this as his contract goes on; lots of highs and lows even within the same period or shift.

- Hofer looked great. Our defense allowed better chances than theirs did IMO. They clogged the middle really well. Hofer made up for a lot of mistakes.
Wasn't Brewer also #6? That's who I keep thinking of, unfortunately.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Not a fan of this top line. Still think we should run Thomas and Kyrou separately, but if we put them together Saad is not the right third wheel. Maybe give Bolduc a chance with Thomas.

Suter played well with Parayko. Broberg is a certified stud.

Minor point, but I think Kapanen deserves to be on the 4th line. He's got size and speed and is playing with a good motor, also a threat to score a random goal here and there. Toropchenko has played poorly this year IMO, he can sit.
Honestly, we really need Tex back in the top 6. He has a "jitterbug" factor that might be a really good fit with Thomas' unpredictable style.

Suter has played well, I just don't know if there's enough in the tank for him to keep going all year.
POJ and Kessel did a great job tonight. Really good job holding the zone for long possessions.

We all know Sunny has a place waiting for him once he's healthy. KK and Dingo are both just placeholders.
The question is how to fit Tex and Sunny into the lineup.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
They 100% need to be broken up, they don't have great chemistry anyways.

Anyone who plays with Kyrou needs to be someone who plays with size and preferably someone with defensive first mentality because (1) Kyrou is a speedster floater who will coast any chance he can get. I personally don't think Kyrou is capable of playing #1 line minutes against other teams top lines and defenders. He is better suited on the second line. (2) This team really needs another strong 30+ goal scorer to emerge to fit that #1 line with Thomas.
(1) I haven't seen Kyrou float (coast) much at all, this season, so far. He's been working on his defensive skills, is playing without the puck with a lot of energy, and working on his defensive awareness. He's also been working on looking to pass to his linemates when he's covered and they are open.

(2) I agree 100% with this statement. And I think they need a 45-50 goal scorer, who is a superstar, who can create his own offence any time he's not smothered by defenders, for them to be able to compete with a real chance to win The Cup. It was a real shame that Army couldn't lure Tkachuck to sign with The Blues (at a "hometown discount". The Blues would be on the way to become a real contender if that had happened. I predict that both brothers will plat together on The Blues before they retire. But, unfortunately, they'll probably be past their primes by then. Even so, maybe they'll be able to play on a Blues' Cup winning team, like Pat Maroon.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I don’t care what happens the rest of this season because no matter what we stole Broberg from Edmonton, holy sh-t has he been good so far. Made so many great defensive plays tonight but also seems to have a cool head out there and can make smart plays all the time, and generate offense when he gets a chance.

And man I forgot how good Hofer is with his puck handling and passing ability. That combined with his size he could be elite someday easily.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I don’t care what happens the rest of this season because no matter what we stole Broberg from Edmonton, holy sh-t has he been good so far. Made so many great defensive plays tonight but also seems to have a cool head out there and can make smart plays all the time, and generate offense when he gets a chance.

And man I forgot how good Hofer is with his puck handling and passing ability. That combined with his size he could be elite someday easily.
I didn’t watch the game tonight, but I love the resilience. Bounce back a la Binny. That’s mental toughness.

I described Broberg as Pietro-lite during the Final.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I didn’t watch the game tonight, but I love the resilience. Bounce back a la Binny. That’s mental toughness.

I described Broberg as Pietro-lite during the Final.
The looked hungry you could tell they wanted to win one tonight, they stuck with it for a full 60.

Hadn’t thought of Petro-lite for a comp to Brobie before but now that you mention it I could see that.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

BluesAL

Jun 10, 2012
STL
Hope the Blues identity isn’t living and dying by the goalie standing on his head. I’ll give them benefit of the doubt since it’s early but it’s really not a winning strategy.

Have to tip your hat to Armstrong for rebuilding the entire left side D in one offseason. Not easy. Broberg is a STUD. Double offer sheet will go down as one of DA’s savviest moves.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad