GDT: Game 5/82 Isles @ Blues 7PM CST BSMW

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Not a fan of this top line. Still think we should run Thomas and Kyrou separately, but if we put them together Saad is not the right third wheel. Maybe give Bolduc a chance with Thomas.

Suter played well with Parayko. Broberg is a certified stud.

Minor point, but I think Kapanen deserves to be on the 4th line. He's got size and speed and is playing with a good motor, also a threat to score a random goal here and there. Toropchenko has played poorly this year IMO, he can sit.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The reason I am not worried about Neighbours as much despite the slow start is his game is built to bend toward success. Let him get into his identity and then he will solidify. Hopefully that GWG gets him going

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Not a fan of this top line. Still think we should run Thomas and Kyrou separately, but if we put them together Saad is not the right third wheel. Maybe give Bolduc a chance with Thomas.

Minor point, but I think Kapanen deserves to be on the 4th line. He's got size and speed and is playing with a good motor, also a threat to score a random goal here and there. Toropchenko has played poorly this year IMO, he can sit.
They 100% need to be broken up, they don't have great chemistry anyways.

Anyone who plays with Kyrou needs to be someone who plays with size and preferably someone with defensive first mentality because Kyrou is a speedster floater who will coast any chance he can get. I personally don't think Kyrou is capable of playing #1 line minutes against other teams top lines and defenders. He is better suited on the second line. This team really needs another strong 30+ goal scorer to emerge to fit that #1 line with Thomas.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

Broberg has exceeded my expectations.

Toropchenko has not looked good in this first handful of games.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
- Broberg looks even better than advertised. Still wince when I see #6 handling the puck in our zone, thanks to Marco. Looks great in all 3 zones, and that pass at the end was a beaut.

- Very well rounded game for Kyrou. Not sure what some of you guys are wanting.

- Bolduc looked a lot more comfortable. I think keeping him up is the right move. Him going down and doing well in the AHL would be fine, but this is definitely better for his development as long as the numbers game allows.

- Schenn is Jekyll and Hyde. There are times when he seems like the smartest player on the ice, like that turnover and near goal. Then there are times like in OT when he gets walked easily. I'm sure we'll see more of this as his contract goes on; lots of highs and lows even within the same period or shift.

- Hofer looked great. Our defense allowed better chances than theirs did IMO. They clogged the middle really well. Hofer made up for a lot of mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad