Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] G Jake Oettinger signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
18-6-2 with Quick…

Which btw, is a better win/loss ratio than Igor
I see you really fail to comprehend how starting goalies and back up goalies are utilized. It's almost like teams use their back ups against weaker teams and on significantly more rest than starting goalies get.

Not even sure why you're trying to argue anything against Shesterkin. He's been the only consistently elite goalie in both the season and playoffs the past 3 seasons. He absolutely blows every other goalie out of the water in any meaningful stat over that time period. The only goalie who even compares to him in season is Helle, and Shesterkin just absolutely laps him 10x over in the playoffs.

Reactions: MoneyManny

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I see you really fail to comprehend how starting goalies and back up goalies are utilized. It's almost like teams use their back ups against weaker teams and on significantly more rest than starting goalies get.

Not even sure why you're trying to argue anything against Shesterkin. He's been the only consistently elite goalie in both the season and playoffs the past 3 seasons. He absolutely blows every other goalie out of the water in any meaningful stat over that time period. The only goalie who even compares to him in season is Helle, and Shesterkin just absolutely laps him 10x over in the playoffs.
Half of Quicks games were against playoff teams.

I’m not arguing against him. I’m arguing against the idea that NYR were a much worse team than Boston and Dallas.

They were literally THE best team. And their backup goalie had a better win/loss ratio.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
If I was wealthy I’d want a 100 acre ranch with a hockey rink, basketball court, private lake and maybe even an air strip. Now Ottenger can get that in the Greater Dallas area easy. Probably for under 10 million. How much would that be in New York? Atleast not for Canadians New York isn’t desirable.

Compare what 10 million can get you in Winnipeg vs New York. If I were to move to New York I’d need a private airpad for a helicopter to take me from point A to B because there is no way I’d be waiting a hour for traffic everyday.

Edit- 1 acre of land is worth 43,560,000 USD in Manhattan.

Bud, your argument is rooted in the irrational assumption that every NHL player who plays for NYR will have to either reside in or buy property in Manhattan. Why would you assume that the players have to do that? Their practice facility isn't located in NYC. There are numerous options for upscale, beautiful suburban towns in that NJ/NY area that the players can choose to reside in - some of which offer larger acreage properties. If you were familiar with that area of the country you would already be aware of this.

Last edited:

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
How is that the most desirable location to live in? 50 million dollars can’t buy a home worth living in, in New York City. 10 acres of land alone is probably worth 500 million in Manhattan let alone affording a house to build on that. Delusional opinion. Unless you’re a wallstreet guy people don’t wanna be crammed in a condo with no privacy.
Alpine, New Jersey is like a dozen miles from Manhattan and has gorgeous, spread out mansions on large pieces of land. Lots of celebrities live over there.

A lot of Habs live in Brossard, where their practice facility is located and not in Montreal. I'm sure it's the same for players everywhere else.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If I was wealthy I’d want a 100 acre ranch with a hockey rink, basketball court, private lake and maybe even an air strip. Now Ottenger can get that in the Greater Dallas area easy. Probably for under 10 million. How much would that be in New York? Atleast not for Canadians New York isn’t desirable.

Compare what 10 million can get you in Winnipeg vs New York. If I were to move to New York I’d need a private airpad for a helicopter to take me from point A to B because there is no way I’d be waiting a hour for traffic everyday.

Edit- 1 acre of land is worth 43,560,000 USD in Manhattan.

That's you though. I wouldn't want even half of what you listed. Just a decently nice house overlooking the mountains and ocean in Vancouver. People have different ideas of luxury. NYC is popular because of the sheer number of attractions it offers. Yes, it's expensive but that's part of the appeal for people who can afford it.

Shesterkin is not worth 3 to 4 mil more than this.

Agreed. And I think the Rangers are going to let him go to market and find out nobody will offer him 12M. Or if one or two teams do, it won't be a perennial playoff team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad