Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] G Jake Oettinger signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
18-6-2 with Quick…

Which btw, is a better win/loss ratio than Igor
I see you really fail to comprehend how starting goalies and back up goalies are utilized. It's almost like teams use their back ups against weaker teams and on significantly more rest than starting goalies get.

Not even sure why you're trying to argue anything against Shesterkin. He's been the only consistently elite goalie in both the season and playoffs the past 3 seasons. He absolutely blows every other goalie out of the water in any meaningful stat over that time period. The only goalie who even compares to him in season is Helle, and Shesterkin just absolutely laps him 10x over in the playoffs.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I see you really fail to comprehend how starting goalies and back up goalies are utilized. It's almost like teams use their back ups against weaker teams and on significantly more rest than starting goalies get.

Not even sure why you're trying to argue anything against Shesterkin. He's been the only consistently elite goalie in both the season and playoffs the past 3 seasons. He absolutely blows every other goalie out of the water in any meaningful stat over that time period. The only goalie who even compares to him in season is Helle, and Shesterkin just absolutely laps him 10x over in the playoffs.
Half of Quicks games were against playoff teams.

I’m not arguing against him. I’m arguing against the idea that NYR were a much worse team than Boston and Dallas.

They were literally THE best team. And their backup goalie had a better win/loss ratio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad