GDT: Game 49: Sabres vs Blue Jackets - 1/29 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
read post 570
I did and it’s bad excuse. As the dman he should be able to see his teammates backchecking . Yet he is never looking in their direction because he’s watching the puck. Had he looked he would have been able to better read and communicate. Instead of blinding sticking his arm out. On the flip side Erod needs better awareness as well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Issues on GA4 -

1) McCabe first on the puck and loses it.
2) Ristolainen goes hard on Panarin, vacating the front of the net and putting both d-men below the goal line.
3) Reinhart fumbles the puck.

Plenty of blame to go around.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Gorgeous f***ing pass from Reinhart. When is little Sam gonna get Pilut'd out of the lineup?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I did and it’s bad excuse. As the dman he should be able to see his teammates backchecking . Yet he is never looking in their direction because he’s watching the puck. Had he looked he would have been able to better read and communicate. Instead of blinding sticking his arm out. On the flip side Erod needs better awareness as well.

We need a Scandella-as-traffic-cop meme.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I hope Pilut is taking copious notes while Ristolainen, McCabe, Scandella and Hunwick get f***in buried out there. Oh my god, it's bad.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I did and it’s bad excuse. As the dman he should be able to see his teammates backchecking . Yet he is never looking in their direction because he’s watching the puck. Had he looked he would have been able to better read and communicate. Instead of blinding sticking his arm out.
So if Erod picks his guy up(which MS was kind enuff to point out even) instead of first looking to the bench to get a change on a 3 on 2, then staring at the puck, eventually going to the guy Scandella already has, you think it's still a goal? We'll agree to disagree

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
He's telling someone to take the guy out wide so he can take the guy streaking up the middle I think

Yep, the forward decided to take the middle lane guy last second. Scandella already committed and slowed down.

Reactions: Daz28

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Issues on GA4 -

1) McCabe first on the puck and loses it.
2) Ristolainen goes hard on Panarin, vacating the front of the net and putting both d-men below the goal line.
3) Reinhart fumbles the puck.

Plenty of blame to go around.

And yet, we see those that only see Reinhart at fault :laugh:

Reactions: Gras

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Ugh I'm at work and just reading this thread now. Not living in Buffalo, have any of the sports media asked JB if he really thinks PH is making competent decisions? Just the fact that Scandella is in the lineup at this point is laughable.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've come back to a familiar sensation -- that any shot at any time could go in. It's like Lehner/Johnson 2.0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad