GDT: Game 49: Sabres vs Blue Jackets - 1/29 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Is Hutton aware that he is allowed to bail the team out from time to time?

If he comes charging out to the top of the crease in line with the puck to cut down the angle, he runs the risk of having an all alone Atkinson deke him. So he tries to take away the bottom of the net while pretty much in place and gets beat using the 1/2 butterfly.

Translation: Hutton is NOT Dominick Hasek.....

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
On a completely broken play because McCabe got outworked by Panarin. Let's not act like the puck landed on Sam's stick perfectly and he had all the time in the world and made a bad pass. You'd think it was an egregious play where Sam was making direct eye contact with Atkinson and passed him the puck and not the completely broken play with the way you're talking.
Sam disrupted the puck, and stayed on his man. Really no blame to him from me.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
On a completely broken play because McCabe got outworked by Panarin. Let's not act like the puck landed on Sam's stick perfectly and he had all the time in the world and made a bad pass. You'd think it was an egregious play where Sam was making direct eye contact with Atkinson and passed him the puck and not the completely broken play with the way you're talking.

He needs to do way better there. Get a touch on it and send the puck literally anywhere else.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Phil sucks as bad as Pierre McGuire and I never thought I would live to see a coach who sucked as hard as him. Not even Dead Weight sucked as bad as Pierre.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He needs to do way better there. Get a touch on it and send the puck literally anywhere else.
Sure, he didn't make the best out of a hard play but McCabe f***ed up a play any NHL defensemen should make in their sleep. He's looked like Okposo processing the play the entire night and it came back to bite the Sabres.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

This is straight out of the Tre White academy of hockey analysis.

Everyone worked their ass off that shift and when the opportunity to exit the zone came up Sam was too soft on his stick, it's ok to say a player you like made a mistake, it happens... The limits that some of you go to blame a player you don't like or absolve a player you do like is reaching meteoric proportions.

I like Tage, I think he's gonna be good, I usually stick up for him. But if he buries a chance into a wide open net this game is likely over.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Sure, he didn't make the best out of a hard play but McCabe ****ed up a play any NHL defensemen should make in their sleep. He's looked like Okposo processing the play the entire night and it came back to bite the Sabres.

There's plenty of blame to go around but Sam needed to be way harder on the puck and establish body positioning.

He was first to the puck, he just needed to protect the puck better in his own slot area.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad