GDT: Game 49: Coyotes @ Sharks - 7:30 PM - BSAZsomethingorother

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
It seriously doesn't get any clearer between OEL and Chychrun. One puts the team on his back, blocks a shot to what might have been his knee he's blown out twice, and scores 2 goals to try an force a 4 goal comeback.

The other takes 2 horrific penalties, falls down 20 times a game, deflected a goal in because he couldn't get out of the way and wasn't even covering a guy, and just didn't really show much heart or spirit the whole game. I didn't even notice OEL out there except when he was messing up.

OEL is still useful and should still be on the team next year, but BA needs to consult with him Mike Smith style and see if there's something they can do to make him more comfortable or something because he just comes off like he isn't passionate about the game anymore.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Have to hope there's more juice there under a new coach.

Now would be a great time to fire Tocchet and interim Varady.
March 17th was the day to fire Tocchet. BA sat on his hands. That was an opportunity to turn things around. BA also had a chance to get out from under that OEL contract and failed to do so. BA is failing.

Reactions: 0point1

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL is still useful and should still be on the team next year,

He's actually playing below replacement right now. For 8.25m. Owed 30+ million in cash the next three seasons.

OEL is like buying a bunch of lottery scratchers and then being short for rent and food. You have to find some way to parlay the face value of the scratchers into survival. You either win on them or offload them on someone else. Doing neither brings doom.

Reactions: Grimes

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
He's actually playing below replacement right now. For 8.25m. Owed 30+ million in cash the next three seasons.

OEL is like buying a bunch of lottery scratchers and then being short for rent and food. You have to find some way to parlay the face value of the scratchers into survival. You either win on them or offload them on someone else. Doing neither brings doom.
I just can't see BA pulling the trigger when he's one of 3 defensemen under contract for next season. I'm all for trading OEL if the return is at least acceptable, but I think the time for it has passed. And he won't waive anyway.

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I cant wait to see who we get next year with our 1st round pick? wait um oh well there is always the 2022 draft. Unless we trade that with OEL. RT should be done so I imagine a 3 year extension to be announced tommorow

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
OEL and Fischer for Nate Schmidt and Antoine Roussel or Jake DeBrusk and John Moore.
OEL for John Moore and a 2nd. Just get out of the contract. Team needs a culture change it starts with the coach and the captain.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Need to dump OEL at all costs. And fire the living shit out of Tocchet and Housley.
Honestly willing to take the best collection of high-risk futures and junk to get him the f*** out of that locker room at this point

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
To think Hjalmarsson and Demers are earning $9M between them and cant even give us a decent 3rd pairing. How BA rebuilds the defense next year is going to be critical.

Probably looking at a multi-year plan, with past and future draft picks playing a key roll. I'm not expecting a great defense next season.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Arguably one of the worst games of OEL's career. He was a slow motion car crash for the entire 60 minutes. Says a lot about him given how important these games are and he plays like that. Seeing that C on his jersey is a straight up embarrassment.
Agree about the horrible game, other than that: I don’t see it that way at all. I see a gangly young man who’s been deprived of so much of his skating ability (for whatever reason), that still manages to play a solid game most nights. I honestly feel terrible for him. Nights like last night and similar microcosm’s throughout the season have to have him wondering if he can continue, with brains and structure over physical ability.
Trust me, as one ages, you get it, just a shame.... he’s still so young.

Last edited:

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
not really, its that he is paired with lybushkin or that he skates so many minutes or.. or... or...; just like Tochett. Excuses change nothing.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad