Post-Game Talk: Game #48: Ducks 9, Canucks 1 - Paul Devorski with 6 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Who cares about our whining image anymore. It doesn't matter what we do, we're stuck with it.
Yep. It's not going anywhere. Firing Vigneault didn't help. Jettisoning Lapierre and Torres didn't help. Clearly it's not a tag that can be removed. That said, there's no conspiracy and anyone who thinks there is, well.. they're a ****ing idiot.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yep. It's not going anywhere. Firing Vigneault didn't help. Jettisoning Lapierre and Torres didn't help. Clearly it's not a tag that can be removed.

Once this core is gone, that's when I think the image leaves. Until then.....

7thGuest

Apr 29, 2009
Canada
Canucks finish their toughest six game stretch with a record of 1-3-2. I think that's more concerning than the score tonight. Shows the team is nowhere ready to be competitive in the playoff.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Jumping people seems to be a no-no now the Canucks are doing it. If they won't fight just take a minor for a gloved jab, or a charge, nothing serious enough to hurt someone. No point doing anything dangerous or suspension worthy.

Thornton on Orpik is probably what started that, although, to be honest, the only victim who didn't know it was coming might have been Vatanen, and when Hansen realised this and backed off, he still got canned.

As someone who has been sucker punched a few times, there are far more dangerous plays in hockey that the league doesn't want to deal with, or is doing an awful, awful, awful job doing. Elbows to the head is one, it's a carousel, where some get nothing for a blatent intent to injure (Lupul on Henrik, and what ever his latest loss of temper was), and others have the book thrown at them for incidental contact (Hansen on Hossa), where as these "jumpings", where in the people being punched either knew it was coming, saw it was coming, or activated it. Orpik and Thornton being the obvious exception.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Canucks finish their toughest six game stretch with a record of 1-3-2. I think that's more concerning than the score tonight. Shows the team is nowhere ready to be competitive in the playoff.

This actually makes me feel better considering we should have won at least 2 of those games that record could easily be 3-1-2. The Pittsburgh and Anaheim(the first game against Anaheim not tonight) gaffs...

1-3-2 is way better then 1-5 so I'll take it

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

I don't know if they are playoff ready or not, those two shootout losses wouldn't exist if this were the playoffs.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It's not the image I'm that concerned about but more so how we're living up to it tonight.

Anyone saying the reffing lost us the game is a damn fool anyway.

I'm up in arms at how terrible Devorski is allowed to be. Suspensions get a review and told to us for players, but if nothing else, Devorski's comments merit some kind of action from the league.

It would be like a headshot happening and being pissed. Wrong is wrong. We don't fight back, we're soft and terrible, we fight back, we're goons, we pull back, we're soft and won't last, then we do what probably 2/3rds of the league do against us, and we're penalised so heavily that the other teams fans come by to say "damn, that sucked".

If people think we as a fan base are whiners for that, super, I for one could care less.

Lady Scarlet

Sep 20, 2013
Northern BC
Anyone got the Makaveli vid where it shows Devorski @ the 1:55 mark go over to the Ducks bench and have a laugh with Getzlaf right after assessing the 7 minute 5 on 3 and then getting chewed out by Tortorella? Some veteran referee, handing out TWO 7 minute penalties in back to back games against the same team and calling one of our players a ******g ******e....... real class in that one. How petty. If he can't handle the heat of the game and call an unbiased one, perhaps it's time he hangs up his skates.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Honestly, I am not overly upset with the lopsided score. This team, from on-ice personnel to management, has been clinging to the belief we are solid defensively and our penalty kill statistic is evident of that fact. Well, congratulations. In a single game you guys decimated it, to the extent we dipped from 1st for the only time this season - a necessity if you ask me. Everyone needs to wake the bloody hell up.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
So realistically what would it take for us to get Kane from Winnipeg? Horvat +1st? wrong thread my bad

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
Anyone saying the reffing lost us the game is a damn fool anyway.

I'm up in arms at how terrible Devorski is allowed to be. Suspensions get a review and told to us for players, but if nothing else, Devorski's comments merit some kind of action from the league.

It would be like a headshot happening and being pissed. Wrong is wrong. We don't fight back, we're soft and terrible, we fight back, we're goons, we pull back, we're soft and won't last, then we do what probably 2/3rds of the league do against us, and we're penalised so heavily that the other teams fans come by to say "damn, that sucked".

If people think we as a fan base are whiners for that, super, I for one could care less.
Absolutely this. Especially your third paragraph. No matter what the team tries to do, it doesn't work. All I ask is for some consistency. It's all I've wanted for the past 3 years. NHL, please let us know how you want the game to be played so we can adapt and be on the same playing field as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad