Post-Game Talk: Game #48: Ducks 9, Canucks 1 - Paul Devorski with 6 assists

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Our "image" is diving and whining, I don't believe we really perpetrated it tonight.

I'm not talking about the team. The team didn't whine or dive. I was talking about the fact that the fans were more concerned about whining about the refs than the actual performance of the team. I get it. It was awful reffing tonight. Just bugged me less than others I guess.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I'm not talking about the team. The team didn't whine or dive. I was talking about the fact that the fans were more concerned about whining about the refs than the actual performance of the team. I get it. It was awful reffing tonight. Just bugged me less than others I guess.

There's been a good amount of despair over the team as well on this thread.

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
Missed the game. Brief summary, anyone?
The score was mainly a result of a comical amount of unfortunate bounces/deflections off of our own players. Lack wasn't great but wasn't horrendous. Paul Devorski, the ref that gave the 7 minute penalty on Sestito last game did the same thing again to both Sestito and Hansen. We had to kill a 7-minute 5 on 3 to end the game.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
The score was mainly a result of a comical amount of unfortunate bounces/deflections off of our own players. Lack wasn't great but wasn't horrendous. Paul Devorski, the ref that gave the 7 minute penalty on Sestito last game did the same thing again to both Sestito and Hansen. We had to kill a 7-minute 5 on 3 to end the game.

O.O

A 7 minute 5-on-3 ??

video of the scrum anywhere? What the hell did I miss?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

And Ericsson looked shaky relieving Lack, but every goal was due to the team simply not trying, or not caring, or not reacting.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
O.O

A 7 minute 5-on-3 ??

video of the scrum anywhere? What the hell did I miss?

Avoid the pain friend!

Tonights quote sums it up:

"It does me no good, it does the players no good to discuss anything that happened here." - John Tortorella.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
how did we get instigators for that? I can see Sestito getting an additional penalty fr bulldozing dude #1... but Jackman came to fight Sestito. The Hansen fight looked pretty mutual to me, too... wtf?

I mean, Sestito on Nolan was all Sestito, but these two were just scrums.

What's with the misconducts? This crap happens all the time in this joke of a beer league...

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
But not giving Jackman anything for dropping the gloves and engaging in the fight? We're not talking about the Kings game where Nolan did nothing. How often does that happen? I'd say pretty much zero unless I'm mistaken.

What looked like happened was Sestito levels a duck. Then him and jackman trade crosschecks. Sestito then throws the gloves off and grabs jackman and starts throwing punches as Jackmans going down and as he remains down. If Jackmans gloves came off it was after this.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Reffing is the reason the Canucks lost 9-1... Without the reffing, the Canucks would have lost 7-1 ...

Devorski had an agenda in the 3rd period there, and tried to prove a point. If it was another ref this game, or Devorski didn't ref the night before, I find it hard to believe that a ref gives nothing to Anaheim players there (at least Jackman, who was fighting, and Hansen shouldn't have received the last night Sestito combo either). Both these fights were different than the Sestito fight, Nolan turtle last game. The ref invented this two-game narrative, and was sending a message to the Canucks. As far as this ref and consequent scoresheet are concerned, the story the last two games is that for two games straight, the Canucks jumped and fought players who didn't fight back. Attackers against those who stand still. 3 times in two games: 7 minutes and game misconducts to a Canuck player, and no penalties to the other team's player. Sestito, twice. Kassian, thrown out 3 times. Hansen now attacking as well. The zombie Canucks are attacking the innocent, and it's an outbreak... It's spreading... It's now infecting the Danish.

It's a trend. Wonder if Devorski will ref the next Vancouver game with a clean slate. Also wonder if Devorski will mention the Canuck zombie attacks to his reffing friends...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Absolutely this. Especially your third paragraph. No matter what the team tries to do, it doesn't work. All I ask is for some consistency. It's all I've wanted for the past 3 years. NHL, please let us know how you want the game to be played so we can adapt and be on the same playing field as everyone else.

You can't keep everyone happy. We got a lot of crap because of how well the team was doing, and if the window really is closing, the hate will subside and we will go back to obscurity.

As for the team, they were all awful tonight, Booth perhaps not withstanding. The last few bad games you can go back and say "everyone was terrible except X" then "Y" next one.

We need a new leadership group to be honest, that's the only way to fix what's going on. Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa are stalwarts of effort, but not on ice performance. The Sedins are supertalented, but seem to score in bunches and live and die doing well together, or doing poorly together. Edler, Hamhuis and Garrison are the picture of what our D should be on paper, and one, or the other, or the other, all play extraordinarily well for stretches, then cool off, then are our whipping boy. Luongo is the epitome of inconsistent, at least mentally.

We don't have a night in, night out guy who is consistent, and worse yet, all of our key players seem to time their poor nights to coincide with at least a few of the others.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
how did we get instigators for that? I can see Sestito getting an additional penalty fr bulldozing dude #1... but Jackman came to fight Sestito. The Hansen fight looked pretty mutual to me, too... wtf?

I mean, Sestito on Nolan was all Sestito, but these two were just scrums.

What's with the misconducts? This crap happens all the time in this joke of a beer league...

Jackman came to cross check Sestito. They traded crosschecks. Jackman didnt drop his gloves from what I can see.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Fistric and Richardson should have gone because they dropped the gloves in the first scrum. Jackman and Bieksa should have gone 2 min later after they dropped the gloves. Drop the gloves and wrestle still should have been 5 mins. That would have been 2 ducks off.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You can't keep everyone happy. We got a lot of crap because of how well the team was doing, and if the window really is closing, the hate will subside and we will go back to obscurity.

As for the team, they were all awful tonight, Booth perhaps not withstanding. The last few bad games you can go back and say "everyone was terrible except X" then "Y" next one.

We need a new leadership group to be honest, that's the only way to fix what's going on. Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa are stalwarts of effort, but not on ice performance. The Sedins are supertalented, but seem to score in bunches and live and die doing well together, or doing poorly together. Edler, Hamhuis and Garrison are the picture of what our D should be on paper, and one, or the other, or the other, all play extraordinarily well for stretches, then cool off, then are our whipping boy. Luongo is the epitome of inconsistent, at least mentally.

We don't have a night in, night out guy who is consistent, and worse yet, all of our key players seem to time their poor nights to coincide with at least a few of the others.

How the **** do you judge that?

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Reffing is the reason the Canucks lost 9-1... Without the reffing, the Canucks would have lost 7-1 ...

Devorski had an agenda in the 3rd period there, and tried to prove a point. If it was another ref this game, or Devorski didn't ref the night before, I find it hard to believe that a ref gives nothing to Anaheim players there (at least Jackman, who was fighting, and Hansen shouldn't have received the last night Sestito combo either). Both these fights were different than the Sestito fight, Nolan turtle last game. The ref invented this two-game narrative, and was sending a message to the Canucks. As far as this ref and consequent scoresheet are concerned, the story the last two games is that for two games straight, the Canucks jumped and fought players who didn't fight back. Attackers against those who stand still. 3 times in two games: 7 minutes and game misconducts to a Canuck player, and no penalties to the other team's player. Sestito, twice. Kassian, thrown out 3 times. Hansen now attacking as well. The zombie Canucks are attacking the innocent, and it's an outbreak... It's spreading... It's now infecting the Danish.

It's a trend. Wonder if Devorski will ref the next Vancouver game with a clean slate. Also wonder if Devorski will mention the Canuck zombie attacks to his reffing friends...

Pretty incredible how things have gone. First it was let the Bruins do whatever they want to the Canucks and if the Canucks have a problem with it they should stick up for themselves. Now it's the Canucks being big and bad so we should throw the book at them.

I seldom do this, but....:shakehead

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013

I can honestly say that if we do this for the rest of the season and miss the play-offs after losing every single game, I will be happy. THAT is how sick of the last 3 years of hockey I am.

NHL is a beer league anyways. Can't wait for the Olympics, where we can enjoy an actual sport.

Devorski's agenda is this, and only this: create a ****ing headline with his name on it.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I can honestly say that if we do this for the rest of the season and miss the play-offs after losing every single game, I will be happy. THAT is how sick of the last 3 years of hockey I am.

NHL is a beer league anyways. Can't wait for the Olympics, where we can enjoy an actual sport.

Devorski's agenda is this, and only this: create a ****ing headline with his name on it.

Game was long over before Devorski went full Pejorative Slur when the Ducks PP ventilated our PK on garden variety penalties by the mid-second. But yeah he was out to make a name after the LA game.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Fistric and Richardson should have gone because they dropped the gloves in the first scrum. Jackman and Bieksa should have gone 2 min later after they dropped the gloves. Drop the gloves and wrestle still should have been 5 mins. That would have been 2 ducks off.

Jackman wasnt really "wrestling" with Sestito.

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!

It'll be interesting to see what happens to this team as time goes on. The reason I'm not freaking out yet (not saying you are) is that almost every team goes through a rough patch. Hell, didn't the Canucks have an 8-game losing streak back in 2009? Then Burrows scored that one goal vs Carolina (I think?) and I believe they ended up playing some of the best hockey in the league for the remainder of the season. And then Detroit pooped on the Western Conference.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's still plenty of hockey left and there's still a lot of time for things to fall into place. Will they? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe the Canucks will get worse and worse, that's possible too.

Get to the playoffs, go from there. Maybe you get some hot goaltending. Maybe the other teams will have some key injuries. Stranger things have happened.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Much like Nolan, Jackman blew the **** whistle, and Chief Officer Paul Devorski of the **** Police responded candidly.

Sure Nolan and Jackmans actions were pusscake.

That doesnt change Sestitos actions nor the fact that he left little option for the ref.

People need to get over it. Sestitos has always been a bonehead. He does it with real heavyweights and he gets his ass tuned.

So there we have it. Jackman and Nolan are ******* and Sestito is a bonehead.

Im more concerned with the guy on my team.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Sure Nolan and Jackmans actions were pusscake.

That doesnt change Sestitos actions nor the fact that he left little option for the ref.

People need to get over it. Sestitos has always been a bonehead. He does it with real heavyweights and he gets his ass tuned.

So there we have it. Jackman and Nolan are ******* and Sestito is a bonehead.

Im more concerned with the guy on my team.

I'm not really concerned about any of it. I don't care that much about the penalties - except that this stuff happens all over the league and I've never seen penalties like this handed out for this exact same crap. I'm just happy the Canucks are on the dealing end of this.

Overall, I don't feel like any of this has affected the results of any game. We lost in LA after the game cooled off. We lost this game before it heated up.

Again, I'm happy the Canucks are on the dealing end of this, instead of the receiving. Let's face it - we were going to lose another SoCal game regardless.

So no, I'm not concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad