Post-Game Talk: Game #48: Ducks 9, Canucks 1 - Paul Devorski with 6 assists

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
paul devorski seriously has a vendetta against the canucks. did he really say "that guy reffering to torts" an "*******? what a joke of a ref. giving 2 7min penalties to hansen/seisto when the ducks intianted contact first. unless hes pointing the finger at a canuck player in the box? maybe kassian?

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
Oh, it can be legitimate, and it is.

This is NHL 101. When the Canucks do it, it's horrible. Whatever it is, it's the worst thing in the world. When the team was doing the turning the other cheek thing and burying teams on the PP, it was horrible. It was an insult to Old Time Hockey and The Code and everything else.

Think back to 2011. Think about the storylines that were sold about the Canucks.

Yeah, it's sad. Glad to see that we're not the only ones who see it.
Yup. When I was watching the media-created storylines unfold in 2011, all I could think about was a stereotypical WWE story arc. The lying, diving, "steel-chair-to-the-face-when-the-ref-isn't-looking" Vancouver Canucks cheat their way into the Finals. Against all odds, the Bruins defeat the evil Canucks using the power of hard work and determination. The fans of the NHL celebrate and world-peace is achieved.

miked1101

May 19, 2011
WTF? Built up a rep for doing **** like this?

Uh...which team have you been watching, the Bruins? Flyers?

This is the Canucks forum. We're the whiny, wimpy, disgusting divers, remember?

Oh wait...Canucks rule #1: Whatever it is, it'll be our fault. And we deserve **** being shoveled on our faces until the end of time. Forever.

Canucks are in a lose-lose situation whatever they do.

Try to play like the Bruins and we're dirty goons who get 70mins worth of Penalties.

Try to play the opposite, we get thrown around, called "sisters", divers, and still somehow get more penalties than the other team (usually).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Good point.

Maybe the league just wants to end jumping people ala

Emery on Holbty but Holtby got 5 despite not dropping the gloves
Orr on Kaleta but Kaleta got 5 despite not dropping the gloves
Thornton on Orpik
Sestito on ....
etc

Have they told anyone they are going to do it or did they decide to make up the new interpretation against the Canucks? I don't know. I do know if you have a problem with someone don't jump them, take a minor boarding/charging penalty since it is only 2 min.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Canucks are in a lose-lose situation whatever they do.

Try to play like the Bruins and we're dirty goons who get 70mins worth of Penalties.

Try to play the opposite, we get thrown around, called "sisters", divers, and still somehow get more penalties than the other team (usually).
It could be worse. We could be the Edmonton ****ing Oilers.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Not at all. Don't like it? Stop them.

We weren't the only ones that weren't into it. Even Vatanen and some of the other scorers looked like they were about to be happy and excited, then shut it down (shoutout to the Finnish Flash here for not even starting to look excited).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Kesler made some good plays.. .He tracked the Anaheim player from behind in his own zone stole the puck and made a nice pass only to have Higgins screw it up.. He also hit the post 10 seconds in at least one more prime scoring chance right in front of the net, now idea how it didn't go in.

Defensively, Kesler wasn't good enough. Not nearly.

I saw him chase players without playing lanes. He's got to think more out there and not be so focused on work rate.

Type Not Specified

Part of the process
Oct 1, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, I'm tired and getting preachy, sorry, but take some responsibility rather than constantly blaming others ... act like a man, not a victim. Every freaking time the Canucks lose its the refs and a conspiracy.

No one is saying the officiating had anything to do with why we lost tonight.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
a 5 minute PK is better than a 7 minute one. Doubt Shanaban would suspend/fine Sestito for anything after the fact (course who knows with him).

Its the way the rules are structured. The extra 2 is for instigating. The refs have to call it that way or they call Sestito a match for intent to injure.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We weren't the only ones that weren't into it. Even Vatanen and some of the other scorers looked like they were about to be happy and excited, then shut it down (shoutout to the Finnish Flash here for not even starting to look excited).

Not their fault we're not good enough to stop them. Probably feel sorry for us 'cause we can't...

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
The thread title doesn't help the whining image. We lose 9-1 and most of the posts are about reffing which was awful but I just don't get how that is what most people are more upset about. To each his own I guess.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Maybe the league just wants to end jumping people ala

Emery on Holbty but Holtby got 5 despite not dropping the gloves
Orr on Kaleta but Kaleta got 5 despite not dropping the gloves
Thornton on Orpik
Sestito on ....
etc

Have they told anyone they are going to do it or did they decide to make up the new interpretation against the Canucks? I don't know. I do know if you have a problem with someone don't jump them, take a minor boarding/charging penalty since it is only 2 min.

With that kind of thinking, we should break spines (like Raymonds in the finals) instead of hitting a second or two late (like on Horton).

Type Not Specified

Part of the process
Oct 1, 2010
Vancouver
Defensively, Kesler wasn't good enough. Not nearly.

I saw him chase players without playing lanes. He's got to think more out there and not be so focused on work rate.

He's never been an intelligent player though. When he's good defensively it's because he works hard, skates well and does a good job getting body position.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Its the way the rules are structured. The extra 2 is for instigating. The refs have to call it that way or they call Sestito a match for intent to injure.
But not giving Jackman anything for dropping the gloves and engaging in the fight? We're not talking about the Kings game where Nolan did nothing. How often does that happen? I'd say pretty much zero unless I'm mistaken.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The thread title doesn't help the whining image. We lose 9-1 and most of the posts are about reffing which was awful but I just don't get how that is what most people are more upset about. To each his own I guess.

Who cares about our whining image anymore. It doesn't matter what we do, we're stuck with it.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Bingo. And Selanne is a guy who LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEESSSS to score.

I was happy to help out Selanne's season statistics tonight... Over half way thru the season and he only had 5 goals just wasn't right. When do we play Anaheim next we gotta get him up to 10!

miked1101

May 19, 2011
Who cares about our whining image anymore. It doesn't matter what we do, we're stuck with it.

No ****, the Sedins will always be the "sisters" too no matter what they do. Hockey fans and media are a bunch of ****ing *******s.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Being a Sens fan I agree with you, the refs are a disgrace, tonight was the worst, I would be pissed too something isn't right.

Its a clear bias against Canadian teams from the league, look at the questionable calls that have happened in the SCF against Canadian teams, its clear the league knows to grow the sport American teams have to win the cup, yet its Canadians who fund the league and have the star power.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
With that kind of thinking, we should break spines (like Raymonds in the finals) instead of hitting a second or two late (like on Horton).

Jumping people seems to be a no-no now the Canucks are doing it. If they won't fight just take a minor for a gloved jab, or a charge, nothing serious enough to hurt someone. No point doing anything dangerous or suspension worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad