GDT: Game 46 - Winnipeg Jets @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Thursday, January 19th, 2023 - 6:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/POWER 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Why do some posters on the Leaf board think this is our Stanley Cup ? Talk about arrogant. I just want the 2 points, they aren't in our division, they aren't even in our conference.:laugh:
It’s like anything else nothing makes sense with that fan base. They haven’t won a Stanley Cup in 55 years they haven’t won a playoff series in 19 years. go figure.

Reactions: Inanna and Jets 31

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
558E46E3-27CF-4191-B4ED-A9096E1A5FCA.jpeg

How I feel about tonight’s opponents…..

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Looking at our to date season results vs the top 3 teams in each division, we could use some better results overall.

Atlantic
Bos - 1 loss
Tor - 1 loss
TB - 1 win

Metro
Car - 1 win
NJ - no result yet
NYR - 1 win

Central
Dal - 1 loss, 2 wins
Min - 3 losses

Pacific
Veg - 3 losses
Sea - 1 win, 1 loss
LA - 1 win

10 losses and 7 wins.
Hopefully we can improve on that tonight.
Individually those results don't matter but it would be a good sign if we can be competitive with the top teams.

March 8th and April 11th are chances to get some revenge on the Wild.
But first things first.
Only lost twice to the Wild.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Why do some posters on the Leaf board think this is our Stanley Cup ? Talk about arrogant. I just want the 2 points, they aren't in our division, they aren't even in our conference.:laugh:
I used to have a leafs fan that would DM me taunting me and ridiculing Buff all the time after a Jets loss. Never after the Jets would beat the Leafs... he didnt like a comment I made about Kessel on our own GDT once. Just checked my DMs and havent heard from him since 2013 although hes still quite active on here.

I kind of miss him. They grow up so fast :)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Kind of a small sample size, no?

That's like watching the first five minutes of episode 1 of Game of Thrones and deciding the series is boring and never watching another minute of it.
Perhaps but other people have confirmed how bad it is on average so no need to try again. There’s no shortage of pizza joints in WPG so you don’t get too many chances to be bad.

Reactions: Jets 31

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Kind of a small sample size, no?

That's like watching the first five minutes of episode 1 of Game of Thrones and deciding the series is boring and never watching another minute of it.
There's a lot of variance and different places a show can go. Pizza has one starting and destination point: pizza. With that being said I'd have probably eaten it regardless of how little I was enjoying it.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Perhaps but other people have confirmed how bad it is on average so no need to try again. There’s no shortage of pizza joints in WPG so you don’t get too many chances to be bad.
Keeping eating something that tastes bad initially is generally a bad practice when it comes right down to it.

Although as an avowed lover of cold pizza, i probably wouldn't have thrown out the pizza outright, but to each their own, it's your money.

Not convinced the GoT analogy works though.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Toronto can’t handle rough play. That’s why their stars vanish in the first round !

Let’s stop them from a cup celebration tonight .

The leafs act like they won’t the cup on every goal scored like it’s some sort of show .

Reactions: Stumbledore

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Keeping eating something that tastes bad initially is generally a bad practice when it comes right down to it.

Although as an avowed lover of cold pizza, i probably wouldn't have thrown out the pizza outright, but to each their own, it's your money.

I was pretty sure the cheese on the pizza wasn't cheese.
Not sure what it was... wasn't interested in exploring more to find out.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

I think the point the girl was making was that you shouldn't assume that one terrible pizza represents the whole chain. Or even the output from that one place.

Try a different location, maybe try the same place a few weeks later, you never know.

Just one old fart's opinion, yours might be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad