GDT: Game 45: Predators @ Oilers - 2 PM - Sportsnet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Tight checking game at EV with Predators dominating face-off dot. Story is special teams with PP cooking and PK shutting down. Stack Line has only been okay but 2 PP goals the difference.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
EDM is still quite soft in their own zone at times and also have chances to get it out and they fumble it and it gets kept in. Need to clean that up.

Reactions: Green Xero

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Lol... no they have not let them play... they've called pretty much everything against Oilers... and not even half against Nashville.
I think that was true in the first period but since then I haven't really seen too many penalties since then.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Great call by Jack. Economy of movement, that’s exactly what’s great about Stuuuu

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Finally at home to put this on, don’t feel like reading over the last 25 pages when the game started, how’s Big Worm looking?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
The only thing that matters is winning in the playoffs. Winning the President's Trophy and having a first round exit is a forgettable season, just ask the fans of those teams.

You can use an example of a Cinderella run in a one off absurd playoff format to try to refute my argument but most hockey fans would agree with the sentiment that playoff success determines whether a team is seen as legit or not.

I understand having a soft spot for the Nucks as you live there, but it's okay for other fans to want to see them do something in the playoffs before declaring them legit while they're riding on crazy shooting percentages and high PDO. Particularly after they were a nothing team for the 10 years prior (after being a legitimate Cup threat for a few years with the Sedins et al)
It's not even about having a soft spot. It's about not being able to comprehend what constitutes a legit team each year if success in the season means nothing. Basically the argument seems to be you have to win a round. Then you can be considered legit that year. I don't understand this arbitrary line.

How you could look at a team like the Bruins and shake your head blows my mind. Teams getting unlucky in the playoffs or running into a hot goalie don't suddenly make them not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad