GDT: Game 45: Predators @ Oilers - 2 PM - Sportsnet

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We are getting the goals to be ahead. Nashville is a good team, so without time to review plays I won't worry too much about how the oil can't completely shut their attack down completely. They are a winning team lately too.
They have one line that's been effective, Oilers need to chase a bit less and try to get the puck deep, they've done decently well on the cycle

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That was a hard two periods.

The Oilers are never getting a team that just lays down and floats so they have to work their asses off for this win. In the long run this is good for their stamina and effort levels as they know they really have to bring it consistently to win. Serves them well when the playoffs roll around as well.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't have access to the game from where I am. How is the team looking for anybody who is kind enough to give me a summary?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
It's not even about having a soft spot. It's about not being able to comprehend what constitutes a legit team each year if success in the season means nothing. Basically the argument seems to be you have to win a round. Then you can be considered legit that year. I don't understand this arbitrary line.

How you could look at a team like the Bruins and shake your head blows my mind. Teams getting unlucky in the playoffs or running into a hot goalie don't suddenly make them not that good.

I think people would take the Canucks more seriously if they had a recent history of success (even without playoff success) instead of being junk for 10 years. The facts that they have roleplayers shooting at ridiculous % and an incredible PDO, coupled with often just scoring a bunch of goals on few shots to start a game and hanging on for dear life the rest of it on the back of Demko makes them less convincing

And to the bolded, why not? I seem to recall a lot of people expecting the Bruins to decline by last season, it was more of a shock that they won the President's Trophy all things considered. They were exposed in the playoffs.

Reactions: TB12

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Kane is MIA due to injuries I assume)
Four points in last five games. Still on pace for for ~30 goals and 60 points. In a ‘down year’. Not too terrible.

Agree that RNH can’t be depended on to drive that second line. Plus Kane, RNH and Foegele are three guys who can’t carry the puck worth a damn.

Green Xero

I just don't care
Aug 2, 2023
Hell
i swear everytime I hear his voice. Tv is muted with that idiot talking
Whenever I see people bashing Edmontons broadcasters I always think back to living in Vancouver and listening to John Garrett. That guy was terrible, worse than pip farting on a snare drum. I also lived in Calgary for a couple years in the 90s. They had this old confused dude who couldn't even see the ice let alone string a meaningfull sentence together.
Honestly we could do a lot worse than JM.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
2nd goal was important. Credit to Preds, they've played us hard all season and hanging around in this one. Hope the Oilers know that. Preds remain determined.

Noteworthy that Preds were good in all the games we faced them this season. Campbell had his best game in the first one shutting door, Preds rocked us in 2nd game, and are even in play in this one.

Difference though tonight is the predatory skill of McDrai on the PP.

Reactions: nexttothemoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad