GDT: Game 44: Blackhawks @ Oilers - 7 PM - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Man feels like McDavid took a massive step back from last year. Very little of his normal magic this year.
I think both of them have upped their defensive game.

But their offensive game is so far away from that of the past.

I think they are sacrificing some offense for defense which is a good thing. But neither guy are executing at a level we have seen in the past, offensively.

Reactions: Duke74

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Why are we looking offensively inept against a tired ahl team

Drai better be saving his A game for the playoffs, if he plays this way in the spring it's going to be ugly. I've been hoping he's just saving himself for the playoffs and sure hope I'm right
What kind of comment is thar? Lol they aren't even close to solidifying a playoff spot lol hr isn't saving himself for nothing. Him and mcdavid are playing like crap and have been very average during the winning streak. THANK goaltending, better defensive structure, Hyman and some luck for our winning streak

Reactions: KarmaPolice

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Drai made 3 beauty setups in that period starting with the one to McLeod.

I dunno, once again it seems all the time Drai is lightning rod for Criticism.

To me looked like just a hard played close checking period.

Luke Richardson has his boys playing better than they should. Reminds me of some Ronnie Low hockey in that period. Hawks don't have much but effort, lots of it, on the ice.

Hawks probably tire as game goes on.

The only one above criticism thus far is Pickard.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hes focusing way more on defense. Hes actually doing better 5on5 this year than he did last year, hes just not being super inflated by a 35% powerplay atm.
Man feels like McDavid took a massive step back from last year. Very little of his normal magic this year.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

Luke Richardson has his boys playing better than they should. Reminds me of some Ronnie Low hockey in that period. Hawks don't have much but effort, lots of it, on the ice.

Even you have to admit his giveaways this year are very uncharacteristic for him

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Gonna say it too. Holy negative thread batman. You'd never know the team was on a 14 game win streak. Call outs of McD, Drai in the thread. C'mon people.
The following can both be true - the team is on a really fun winning streak that has turned their season around and McDrai can be struggling right now, especially against some lesser opponents.

Reactions: Duke74 and K1984

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think both of them have upped their defensive game.

But their offensive game is so far away from that of the past.

If they were sacrificing some offense that would be fine. They probably are to some extent. But neither guy are executing at a level we have seen in the past.
The stats dont support this theory for McDavid.

Hes scoring at a higher rate 5on5 than last year, while allowing less.

Draisaitl is scoring less this year, but allowing alot less.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
He’s not at his peak. That said, even Drai at his peak needs the one timer with preceding puck movement to really go off.
Yeah, I was about to edit my post and add in Drai. They've both been average the past little while after going on a heater. No one is above criticism, and when you're being paid as much as they are then you should be the best player on the ice 80% of the time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Getting outplayed by a tired bad team is not a great look. They played a very timid period with maybe one scoring chance at evens.
You posting anytime the team isn't winning isn't a good look.
The following can both be true - the team is on a really fun winning streak that has turned their season around and McDrai can be struggling right now, especially against some lesser opponents.
Funny I saw him make several good rushes passes, and check in own zone. I don't get the nonstop criticism.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
What kind of comment is thar? Lol they aren't even close to solidifying a playoff spot lol hr isn't saving himself for nothing. Him and mcdavid are playing like crap and have been very average during the winning streak. THANK goaltending, better defensive structure, Hyman and some luck for our winning streak
Come on, you really think they're missing the playoffs?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Drai also snapped a blind one up the pipe in his own end directly onto a Hawk stick for a scoring chance that graduated to several scoring chances.

Completely unacceptable and a habit that has to end. Speaks to the total lack of give a shit by him and the group as a whole. He knows better.

Reactions: Duke74 and ZJuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad