GDT: Game 44: Blackhawks @ Oilers - 7 PM - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Drai better be saving his A game for the playoffs, if he plays this way in the spring it's going to be ugly. I've been hoping he's just saving himself for the playoffs and sure hope I'm right

Reactions: Duke74

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
cat-zoning-out-cat-stare.gif

Reactions: Oilhawks

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Don’t get angry but I think it’s time the streak comes to an end soon. Lots of bad habits have formed that haven’t been corrected because there’s been no consequence.

Knoblauch has also made his first massive mistake. Do not pull the McDrai lever, it never ends well.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
For such a huge winning streak we sure haven’t had many complete games. I’m not sure whether to be concerned or impressed :laugh:

I think we've had a lot of compete games.

Just part of these streaks - your team starts to rest easy and every other team has you circled in the calendar.

Hence why they usually don't last this long.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Impossible to describe the nonchalance, and complete lack of effort in that period as anything other than arrogant and f***ing embarrassing.

This group needs a reality check in the worst way at this point. Terrible habits are entrenching themselves again.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Man feels like McDavid took a massive step back from last year. Very little of his normal magic this year.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I think we've had a lot of compete games.

Just part of these streaks - your team starts to rest easy and every other team has you circled in the calendar.

Hence why they usually don't last this long.
Yeah I hope they’re not getting too comfortable. The streak is great but they still need points, it’s not time to put their feet up.

Easier said than done but they need to not even think about the streak, take it game by game and do what you need to do to win.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Don’t get angry but I think it’s time the streak comes to an end soon. Lots of bad habits have formed that haven’t been corrected because there’s been no consequence.

Knoblauch has also made his first massive mistake. Do not pull the McDrai lever, it never ends well.
Once we play a real contender and play like this.. it'll be a loss for sure

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Man feels like McDavid took a massive step back from last year. Very little of his normal magic this year.
Yeah. I would say he just looks like an ordinary player for 80% of this year. Nothing really jaw dropping or anything.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton

he's gotta still be injured.

prob something that needs to be dealt with in the offseason that he's just playing through

Hes gonna go from 65 goals to 30 lol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Meh Hawks will fade. But when teams want to clamp down the net front… passing into the net ain’t gonna be an option.

All the more reason to get some sniper(s) on this. Need MOAR shooting threats.

Reactions: K1984 and Sanchez

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I wonder if the streak is getting into their heads...they looks tentative out there
This was a typical Knoblauch 1st period...
We never come out flying and are often take half a game to wake up offensively. We keep it tight defensively though as we have done tonight. Not worried about this one..

Ekholm was THE brightspot in 1st

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Part of me feels like the regular season is just a vessel to get to the playoffs, scoring points aside from what is necessary probably doesn’t matter.

Not sure if that means they are resting more but I wonder if that’s the goal.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Drai better be saving his A game for the playoffs, if he plays this way in the spring it's going to be ugly. I've been hoping he's just saving himself for the playoffs and sure hope I'm right
Drai made 3 beauty setups in that period starting with the one to McLeod.

I dunno, once again it seems all the time Drai is lightning rod for Criticism.

To me looked like just a hard played close checking period.

Luke Richardson has his boys playing better than they should. Reminds me of some Ronnie Low hockey in that period. Hawks don't have much but effort, lots of it, on the ice.

Hawks probably tire as game goes on.

Reactions: Wreckus

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah I hope they’re not getting too comfortable. The streak is great but they still need points, it’s not time to put their feet up.

Easier said than done but they need to not even think about the streak, take it game by game and do what you need to do to win.

You can't avoid getting to comfortable when you've won 14 in a row.

It's human nature. Every team gets a little lackadaisical when you start to string that many together.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
He had that absolutely amazing 5 point game where every point was a beauty, since then hes got 7 points in 8 games with no multipoint games. Up until that point he had been himself for a couple weeks, not sure what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad