GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Sharks | Saturday, January 21st, 8:30pm MT | Just Another Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Zadorov is absolutely brain dead out there tonight

Oh well. He is young and a major project right now.

The sad thing is that he is de facto our #1 D tonight and he probably knows it.

I agree that his brain probably will always hold him back from turning into a true top pairing guy but he has plenty of time to prove us wrong in that regard.

Give him time.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How does Martin look?

Just made a great pass up ice to put Duchene into a one on one. Dutchy over stickhandled, but it was a really heads up play. Overall, he looks sharp. The goal wasn't on him, Ward had a tap-in from a foot away. The dangerous shots sent his way he's been strong on.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
How does Martin look?

Active. That's the first word that comes to mind when watching him right now. He is just motoring around the crease. Right now he's just focused on fighting through screens and making the save. Not too focused on controlling the shots but with this team it's important just to make the save. He's also aggressive. More aggressive then Pickard and maybe a little more than Varlamov. Martin is also the 2nd quickest goalie in the organization. He's quicker than Pickard but a notch below Varlamov which makes sense because Varly's top end speed in the crease is ridiculous.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Just made a great pass up ice to put Duchene into a one on one. Dutchy over stickhandled, but it was a really heads up play. Overall, he looks sharp. The goal wasn't on him, Ward had a tap-in from a foot away. The dangerous shots sent his way he's been strong on.

Nice. Starting to watch this game just to watch him. I'm not comfortable with Pickard going forward so it's nice to have a good backup plan. Too many holes in Pickard's game.

Active. That's the first word that comes to mind when watching him right now. He is just motoring around the crease. Right now he's just focused on fighting through screens and making the save. Not too focused on controlling the shots but with this team it's important just to make the save. He's also aggressive. More aggressive then Pickard and maybe a little more than Varlamov. Martin is also the 2nd quickest goalie in the organization. He's quicker than Pickard but a notch below Varlamov which makes sense because Varly's top end speed in the crease is ridiculous.

I like how he's fast but doesn't seem to put a lot of strain on his body while doing so. I watch Varly and am not surprised at how often he's hurt. His style just isn't sustainable.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Beauchemin thinks Jamie Benn is the best hockey player in the world. Beauchemin's poor decision making isn't just on the ice apparently. No respect to Jamie Benn who is one of the greatest no doubt. But Sidney Crosby is still alive and well. Even if you wanna go with McDavid I'd be willing to listen to your opinion but Jamie Benn? Nah.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
From what i see, only 4 players or so are actually trying.

MacKinnon
Rantanen
Martin
Nieto

and maybe Goloubef, although it's hard to tell because he just genuinely sucks, but he might be trying...who knows. The rest just look like don't give a ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad