GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Sharks | Saturday, January 21st, 8:30pm MT | Just Another Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Holy understatement of the year batman.

He is undoubtedly the worst coach in the NHL today, and quite possibly the worst coach the NHL has seen this century.

And before anyone comes to the Bednars defense, keep in mind this is the worst season in franchise history and also, on pace for the lowest point total for any team in two decades.

This team is the equivalent of the 0-16 Bucs or Lions, or at best the 1-15 Browns

Dallas Eakins and his "swarm" say hi

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I took a long nap tonight. Still, west coast games make me feel like a slug, watching hockey at 4:30 in the morning before going back to bed at a ridiculous hour, even for me - very much a night owl.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dallas Eakins and his "swarm" say hi

AgonizingLinedDunnart.gif

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
What has changed for Bednar? He just won a chamionship last season. And has won before at other levels.

I was really looking forward to Bednar. It seemed he looked at film last season, saw the same glaring issues that everyone else had. He preached structure, being the first on pucks, etc. Those are all traits that a good team needs in this league. You look at that lineup and it has been horribly put together. Roy wanted to get bigger, and heavier. But also wanted an exciting, offensive team. So you end up with a bunch of big guys, with good hands, no compete, and no speed. It is a bad collection of players.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I miss being a winning organization lol

It's been so long, that I've honestly forgotten what it feels like. Following this team then was so different than it is now. I was excited to watch every game, and they had such a winning culture around the team and players.

I said this earlier in the season, but it honestly feels like a chore to watch this team now. It's just part of my routine. There hasn't been a feeling of a winning culture around the team in years, and this season is probably the hardest to watch yet.

The players have such a lack of confidence it's palpable, and really painful to see. Can't imagine how it feels to guys like Duchene and Landy who genuinely care about this team and want to win.

Last edited:

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
It's been so long, that I've honestly forgotten what it feels like. Following this team then was so different than it is now. I was excited to watch every game, and they had such a winning culture around the team and players.

I said this earlier in the season, but it honestly feels like a chore to watch this team now. It's just part of my routine. There hasn't been a feeling of a winning culture around the team in years, and this season is probably the hardest to watch yet.

The players have such a lack of confidence it's palpable, and really painful to see. Can't imagine how it feels to guys like Duchene and Landy who genuinely care about this team and want to win.

I can see cruising of the forums a bit. I can see checking the box scores. I can see checking the highlights and even checking in on a game here or there.

But how some of you guys are still watching most games, even a single game from start to finish, or worse actually going to games... Well, you all are much greater fans than I.

I'm a hockey fan and everything but I won't be watching much of the Avalanche until heads roll.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm definitely more of an Avs fan than an actual hockey fan, like who wins or loses doesn't matter to me. I love following NHL news and rumours, etc, but I could care less if Montreal beats Dallas, unless it were to benefit us playoff wise type of thing.

But during the playoffs I usually like to find a team or two to root for, but once they're out I don't follow the playoffs too much after that.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I feel like if you're intentionally watching every game at this point than it's a bit like intentionally watching a movie you know is bad with terrible ratings. I can for sure understand that once in a while but multiple times a week is lunacy lol.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If The Yotes are pumping Tampa 4-1 (and I do expect Tampa to come back and probably win), anything can happen guys. I reckon we'll play well tonight.
Heck, Islanders are beating L A as well.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
I'm honestly not completely sold that this season is COMPLETELY on Bednar. Part of the problem I think is that he had very little time to prepare. Wonder what goes through the players heads when a coach some of them idolize quits on them? On top of that, he coached and developed a lot of those guys up on the CBJ team...and look at what they're doing now. This team has chewed up coaches and spit them out continuously for a decade almost...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As long as you accept them either flat out losing all game or finding a way to lose games they have a chance to win, it's not hard to watch them.

Take the small victories where you find them and hope the annoying things gets added to such a massive pile they have to deal with them in a real way in the coming six months.

Rock bottom sucks but at least they can't pretend they haven't hit it at this point.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I'm definitely more of an Avs fan than an actual hockey fan, like who wins or loses doesn't matter to me. I love following NHL news and rumours, etc, but I could care less if Montreal beats Dallas, unless it were to benefit us playoff wise type of thing.

But during the playoffs I usually like to find a team or two to root for, but once they're out I don't follow the playoffs too much after that.

I agree with you as far as regular season versus playoffs, but during the regular season I need some hockey fix. And I am certainly not going to get that watching the Avs. At least if I want an entertaining game. So I just check out Wednesday night rivalry games when they intrigue me from time to time to get my fix before the playoffs. However I usually watch the playoffs all the way unless the Stanley Cup is terrible ill watch at least a few games of that too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad