GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Sharks | Saturday, January 21st, 8:30pm MT | Just Another Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I like what I've heard about Martin...not sure this is how I want to view him for the first time.

Thinking I'm going to skip this game and if the Avs somehow manage to not completely **** the bed I might watch it later.

Any good movies out there this weekend?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm all for starting Martin but Pickard just played a good game against the Ducks, should've given him the next start and Martin the third one. Whatever Bednar and Sakic are lost.

Except Pickard has shown be plays better with decent length rests between games. All-in-all I'm happy for Martin. Even if he gets murdered by San Jose it'll be a good experience for him as it'll show him what works or doesn't work in the NHL.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I like what I've heard about Martin...not sure this is how I want to view him for the first time.

Thinking I'm going to skip this game and if the Avs somehow manage to not completely **** the bed I might watch it later.

Any good movies out there this weekend?

Passengers:sarcasm:

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Holy moly I just noticed the time for the game... 830 is freaking 1030 EST. The last 8PM MNT time game took until like 1AM due to the glass thing lol.

I can't imagine what people in other countries go through to watch the games lol.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
If they planned on giving Martin one of the Sharks games then giving him the away game is probably a good idea considering how bad the Avs are at home.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You guys out in the central/west coast are lucky. I grew up in the Atlantic time zone, which is an hour behind the Eastern time zone. Was pretty brutal growing up.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Holy moly I just noticed the time for the game... 830 is freaking 1030 EST. The last 8PM MNT time game took until like 1AM due to the glass thing lol.

I can't imagine what people in other countries go through to watch the games lol.

Alarm clock wakes me up 6:15 AM, game would start at 5:30 AM but I can start watching from the beginning and just skip intermissions & commercial breaks.

Best way to begin sunday morning is to watch Avs lose. I'm a sad little creature.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You guys out in the central/west coast are lucky. I grew up in the Atlantic time zone, which is an hour behind the Eastern time zone. Was pretty brutal growing up.

I've definitely noticed this as someone who has spent time in every Time Zone except the Central. 8 years total in the East (and counting), 20 in the Pacific, and 5 in MNT (Colorado).

The only thing about the Western time zone with hockey, is sometimes the games start so early that you miss a period or two of hockey if you work until 5 or 6PM.

My wife would get frustrated when we lived in Seattle because she often got home at 530, and would miss a ton of the Detroit games.

Alarm clock wakes me up 6:15 AM, game would start at 5:30 AM but I can start watching from the beginning and just skip intermissions & commercial breaks.

Best way to begin sunday morning is to watch Avs lose. I'm a sad little creature.

Haha, damn that's one hell of a way to start a weekend day. I know on the early games it can sometimes put me in a bad mood for that evening.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Haha, damn that's one hell of a way to start a weekend day. I know on the early games it can sometimes put me in a bad mood for that evening.

Ha, I can relate to that so easily! This season has made me feel pretty numb tho, it is hard to get mad anymore :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ha, I can relate to that so easily! This season has made me feel pretty numb tho, it is hard to get mad anymore :laugh:

These days yeah, but the first 20 or so of the season were excruciating, that's about when I got over it myself. When EJ got injured I lost hope lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh the days of being upset the team lost in game 7 on the road of the Western Finals, and the season goal being to finish 1st overall, to secure home ice throughout the playoffs.

Next year this team's goal won't even be to make the playoffs. It's just to make some improvement and not be bottom dwellers again.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh the days of being upset the team lost in game 7 on the road of the Western Finals, and the season goal being to finish 1st overall, to secure home ice throughout the playoffs.

Next year this team's goal won't even be to make the playoffs. It's just to make some improvement and not be bottom dwellers again.

We all should be used to watching the games for specific players by now, we're just going back to that instead of a couple of years of false hope lol.

Rooting for our top draft pick to win the Calder was fun right? ;)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I miss being a winning organization lol

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They have 13 shots with 5 mins left and could easily finish bottom 5. We have to strive to be better than only semi-terrible st some point.

My point is against Bednar. I don't think he's a good coach. He can stay on board for next year if we are tanking.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

If they're trading a couple of pieces of the core and miss out on Dahlin that would be so Avs.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
My point is against Bednar. I don't think he's a good coach. He can stay on board for next year if we are tanking.

Holy understatement of the year batman.

He is undoubtedly the worst coach in the NHL today, and quite possibly the worst coach the NHL has seen this century.

And before anyone comes to the Bednars defense, keep in mind this is the worst season in franchise history and also, on pace for the lowest point total for any team in two decades.

This team is the equivalent of the 0-16 Bucs or Lions, or at best the 1-15 Browns

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Waking up at 6AM on a Sunday is no way to live your life. Even before you factor in this clown show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad