GDT: Game 41: St. Louis at Columbus 4/12 7:00PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I give full credit to us keeping our foot on the gas.

After the second goal, the Blose stopped playing their game.

We can not let off the gas from here in out.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Off a couple of great passes.

He put the puck in while fully reaching for it. Gaborik is finishing opportunities that we've been missing all season. I wasn't taking anything away from the passing. Gaborik was brought in to finish, and that's what he's doing, and it's where we've struggled. It's easy to take that for granted when the chances are getting buried and infuriating earlier in the season when we didn't have anyone that could bury them.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I like how a couple other global mods are pulling for you guys. :laugh:

Add me to the list. Go Jackets! Sweet goal from Gabby.

I've noticed it too... playoffs or not it's a great story.... The Jackets with Calvert, Atkinson, Gabby and some others speed has been the latest story...

It's been three seasons really, losing, hard nosed checking and now speed with skilled goals... (for the most part).

The current team reminds me of the 2006 post lockout Sabres...

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
He put the puck in while fully reaching for it. Gaborik is finishing opportunities that we've been missing all season. I wasn't taking anything away from the passing. Gaborik was brought in to finish, and that's what he's doing, and it's where we've struggled. It's easy to take that for granted when the chances are getting buried and infuriating earlier in the season when we didn't have anyone that could bury them.

Not minimizing Gaborik's play, at all, his hands are amazing. It was a great sequence, from the breakout, feed to Letestu at speed, and then the final backhand pass to the front of the net. That's a series of plays I'm not used to seeing from the CBJ.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Not minimizing Gaborik's play, at all, his hands are amazing. It was a great sequence, from the breakout, feed to Letestu at speed, and then the final backhand pass to the front of the net. That's a series of plays I'm not used to seeing from the CBJ.

Indeed. It was all together a great play.

JacketFanInFL said:
Wiz has really turned it around, I must say. He was rushed back, but he's making up for it.

I'm always surprised how quickly people turn on Wiz. I said a few times he's probably still recovering from his injury. The guy blocks so many shots each night, and yes, he makes some dumb mistakes sometimes, but he's also only a -4 going into this game, in which he's already a +2. He's put some really good games together. he's one of the few guys that makes our point guys dangerous and I think he opens up space down low.

RickS

Sep 19, 2005
What am I missing about pounding on the glass? Is it an old-time hockey thing? Trying really hard not to be a grumpy old man, but those idiots in the striped shirts bug the crap out of me

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

I'm always surprised how quickly people turn on Wiz. I said a few times he's probably still recovering from his injury. The guy blocks so many shots each night, and yes, he makes some dumb mistakes sometimes, but he's also only a -4 going into this game, in which he's already a +2. He's put some really good games together. he's one of the few guys that makes our point guys dangerous and I think he opens up space down low.

Oh I agree, I'm a huge Wiz supporter (heh). He is what he is. Our power play actually works when he's out there and is a serviceable defenseman,

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010

Well. Those 2-3 games after he came back he was REALLY bad. Probably so bad that we could have won if he hadn't played...

That being said, it is nice to see him performing well this game. We need him and the rest of the team to play strong to have a chance at getting in the playoffs.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
What am I missing about pounding on the glass? Is it an old-time hockey thing? Trying really hard not to be a grumpy old man, but those idiots in the striped shirts bug the crap out of me

Nothing old-time about it.

By the way, you are a grumpy old man!

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Well. Those 2-3 games after he came back he was REALLY bad. Probably so bad that we could have won if he hadn't played...

That being said, it is nice to see him performing well this game. We need him and the rest of the team to play strong to have a chance at getting in the playoffs.

I agree. But Atkinson wasn't playing great after he came back from injury and people gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I think Wiz is an important part of the hockey team, but like I said, I'm just surprised how quickly people turn on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad