GDT: Game 4: Red Wings vs rags 7:30 pm et 10/17/24

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Game will be on ESPN+ and Hulu, Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings lines:
DeBrincat-Larkin-Kane
Rasmussen-Compher-Raymond
Motte-Copp-Fischer
Fischer (placeholding?)-Veleno-Berggren
Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Holl
Maatta-Gustafsson
Johanson (extra)-Petry (injured)
Talbot/Lyon
Tarasenko not practicing, but expected to play.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Sup Wings fans. How's Kane been looking for you guys so far this season and how was he last year? How many points are you expecting from him this season if he's healthy?

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Hawks fan but I think the main boards have your team pegged all wrong. Yzerman is doing a pretty good job and with him as your GM you've got as good a chance to succeed as with anyone else. Especially liked his controversial UFA signings as it's better to surround your young players with NHL vets than to let them drown. The term and AAV for those deals are inconsequential in the long term so I think you'll be just fine.

Best of luck going forward and hopefully both of our teams are good again so we can get back to hating each other's guts.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Sup Wings fans. How's Kane been looking for you guys so far this season and how was he last year? How many points are you expecting from him this season if he's healthy?

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Hawks fan but I think the main boards have your team pegged all wrong. Yzerman is doing a pretty good job and with him as your GM you've got as good a chance to succeed as with anyone else. Especially liked his controversial UFA signings as it's better to surround your young players with NHL vets than to let them drown. The term and AAV for those deals are inconsequential in the long term so I think you'll be just fine.

Best of luck going forward and hopefully both of our teams are good again so we can get back to hating each other's guts.
That is a very cordial message. It's rare to have such a pleasant discourse with a Blackhawks fan. Truly, I am elated to be given such a wonderful opportunity to tell you that I hate your guts. Even when you're bad, I hate your guts. In a boat, with a goat I hate your guts. In a box with a fox, I hate your guts.

Jokes aside, Kane's mostly been great. He's certainly lost a step of his speed and that's really impacted his ability to contribute defensively/massively outscore his mistakes. Furthermore, he and Debrincat force passes to each other and the team plays to Kane too much in general- limiting his ability to get lost and causing turnovers. He's still super exciting and you're always happy to have him showing Raymond (and co.) a few tricks. He was also very clutch last year, turning up his already stellar excitement factor. I think he'll score 70-75 points this year

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That is a very cordial message. It's rare to have such a pleasant discourse with a Blackhawks fan. Truly, I am elated to be given such a wonderful opportunity to tell you that I hate your guts. Even when you're bad, I hate your guts. In a boat, with a goat I hate your guts. In a box with a fox, I hate your guts.

Jokes aside, Kane's mostly been great. He's certainly lost a step of his speed and that's really impacted his ability to contribute defensively/massively outscore his mistakes. Furthermore, he and Debrincat force passes to each other and the team plays to Kane too much in general- limiting his ability to get lost and causing turnovers. He's still super exciting and you're always happy to have him showing Raymond (and co.) a few tricks. He was also very clutch last year, turning up his already stellar excitement factor. I think he'll score 70-75 points this year
I wouldn't say the rivalry is dead and buried but it's on hiatus for me now. Separate conferences, neither team is in the other's way with anything, and we only play each other twice a year.

I think 99% of Hawks fans don't even care Kane is on the Wings. Certainly nothing near the Chelios situation. I'm really just hoping Kane can get another 200ish career points and pass Mikita/climb into the top 20 all time in points. Whether he does that as a Redwing or not is no concern of mine.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Hawks fans still chant “Detroit sucks” at the United Center. When they’re not playing the Wings.

The rivalry lives.
I was at a game in 2001 (Hasek got dumpstered and pulled early) and the UC had a nice cadence of

Lets Go Red Wings
Detroit Sucks
Lets go Red Wings
Detroit Sucks

The Wing fans were louder.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I was at a game in 2001 (Hasek got dumpstered and pulled early) and the UC had a nice cadence of

Lets Go Red Wings
Detroit Sucks
Lets go Red Wings
Detroit Sucks

The Wing fans were louder.
Yep, that was pretty common, even not too many years ago. I started many chants at the UC over the years. After one Wings win we went to the Billy Goat Tavern down the street and I started a chant there. My Hawks friends thought it was funny at first but then begged me to stop because they didn’t want to have to fight fellow Hawks fans :laugh:

But I’m 6’1”, 195 lbs and from Detroit, which Chicagoans know is the equivalent of 6’6” 280 here in Chicago, so they didn’t fight me :naughty:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah the only thing I can think of is Steve feels obligated to play the vets or risk FAs not wanting to come here
More than likely that Gus is getting another chance at the PP to see if he can get something going. Not even Fester is dumb enough to play Gus for his defense. As others have pointed out, AlJo was better in that respect.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
AJo gets benched after 2 solid games. Great message to send.

He is not benched. Just different practise lines.

They did practise with different lines also before the last NYR game.

We have seen these like thousand times in the past, and people still keep overreating for practise lines.

Of course they want to keep Gustafsson involved, if somebody will get injured.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I love Albert but he has played 11 minutes per game. Gustafsson needs to be given an opportunity as well and our PP needs a boost.

He's being heavily sheltered, and even then I've already seen issues when he goes up against taller players with reach advantage. He hasn't sucked, but he hasn't been tested yet either. Only reason I like him is because Holl and Gus actually have sucked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad