Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Red Wings vs rags 7:30 pm et 10/17/24

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Game will be on ESPN+ and Hulu, Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings lines:
DeBrincat-Larkin-Kane
Rasmussen-Compher-Raymond
Motte-Copp-Fischer
Fischer (placeholding?)-Veleno-Berggren
Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Holl
Maatta-Gustafsson
Johanson (extra)-Petry (injured)
Talbot/Lyon
Tarasenko not practicing, but expected to play.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Sup Wings fans. How's Kane been looking for you guys so far this season and how was he last year? How many points are you expecting from him this season if he's healthy?

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Hawks fan but I think the main boards have your team pegged all wrong. Yzerman is doing a pretty good job and with him as your GM you've got as good a chance to succeed as with anyone else. Especially liked his controversial UFA signings as it's better to surround your young players with NHL vets than to let them drown. The term and AAV for those deals are inconsequential in the long term so I think you'll be just fine.

Best of luck going forward and hopefully both of our teams are good again so we can get back to hating each other's guts.

Reactions: HoweFan

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Sup Wings fans. How's Kane been looking for you guys so far this season and how was he last year? How many points are you expecting from him this season if he's healthy?

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Hawks fan but I think the main boards have your team pegged all wrong. Yzerman is doing a pretty good job and with him as your GM you've got as good a chance to succeed as with anyone else. Especially liked his controversial UFA signings as it's better to surround your young players with NHL vets than to let them drown. The term and AAV for those deals are inconsequential in the long term so I think you'll be just fine.

Best of luck going forward and hopefully both of our teams are good again so we can get back to hating each other's guts.
That is a very cordial message. It's rare to have such a pleasant discourse with a Blackhawks fan. Truly, I am elated to be given such a wonderful opportunity to tell you that I hate your guts. Even when you're bad, I hate your guts. In a boat, with a goat I hate your guts. In a box with a fox, I hate your guts.

Jokes aside, Kane's mostly been great. He's certainly lost a step of his speed and that's really impacted his ability to contribute defensively/massively outscore his mistakes. Furthermore, he and Debrincat force passes to each other and the team plays to Kane too much in general- limiting his ability to get lost and causing turnovers. He's still super exciting and you're always happy to have him showing Raymond (and co.) a few tricks. He was also very clutch last year, turning up his already stellar excitement factor. I think he'll score 70-75 points this year

• Love
Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That is a very cordial message. It's rare to have such a pleasant discourse with a Blackhawks fan. Truly, I am elated to be given such a wonderful opportunity to tell you that I hate your guts. Even when you're bad, I hate your guts. In a boat, with a goat I hate your guts. In a box with a fox, I hate your guts.

Jokes aside, Kane's mostly been great. He's certainly lost a step of his speed and that's really impacted his ability to contribute defensively/massively outscore his mistakes. Furthermore, he and Debrincat force passes to each other and the team plays to Kane too much in general- limiting his ability to get lost and causing turnovers. He's still super exciting and you're always happy to have him showing Raymond (and co.) a few tricks. He was also very clutch last year, turning up his already stellar excitement factor. I think he'll score 70-75 points this year
I wouldn't say the rivalry is dead and buried but it's on hiatus for me now. Separate conferences, neither team is in the other's way with anything, and we only play each other twice a year.

I think 99% of Hawks fans don't even care Kane is on the Wings. Certainly nothing near the Chelios situation. I'm really just hoping Kane can get another 200ish career points and pass Mikita/climb into the top 20 all time in points. Whether he does that as a Redwing or not is no concern of mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad