Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 - Bruins lose to Cats ( again ) 4 - 3 )

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Monty is coaching like he has in the past . Problem is it's not the same team . No PB or DK .
Coaching style has to change to reflect the present roster
He seems in trouble

He’s a nice guy and very seasoned and smart hockey coach/guy

However, he shows up on a powerhouse where all he has to do is smile and crack some good jokes

He botched games 5 and 6 in epic fashion where majority of Bruins fans believe Maurice never loses that series

He showed his personality ~ a nice guy so to get tough isn’t going to fly

I’d give it October to see how lines gel and where Poitras is before I flip around

If it’s not working on Nov 1

1. Perfection Line ~ Swedish version
2. Frederic back with Coyle on 3L
3. Leave 4th intact if healthy

Poitras is kind of key to being really good

If it’s not working Dec 1

Sacco Magic @Saxon Eric

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
How is that on the coach? The GM put together the team.

Why can't teams do that against Pasta in the regular season?

You can't shadow a guy when short-handed. And still Pasta struggled badly down the stretch and in the playoffs last season on the power play.

Realize what he has and adapt the system. This team would thrive with the dreary Florida style of simplicity. Motivate the team. Unite them. There should have been more push back.

Not only 30 seconds after the Pastrnak hit into the boards. All game. Very little physicality from a team this size.

Very little forecheck.

The team has limited offense. Find a way to get lines aside from 4th line to score and it will increase scoring for the top line.

Great person by all accounts but needs to adapt or leave. Last game was a disgrace and if he placed it on the players he is no better than soft Bruce.

It's not that they are 2-2 It's how they are playing. Suppose to be bigger and tougher, with more push back. That has been completely missing. Goalie getting run, Pasta getting run and Zacha having to fight for him, no response to Greer the whole game.

They will be fine regarding wins and losses in the regular season but this was suppose to be about being tougher to play against and a tougher out in the playoffs, I have seen no indication of that yet.

100%.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think they need a galvanizing moment, like the Chara era Bruins did. I remember in the beginning, there was a lot of talk here of where the toughness was, Julien doesn't let the team fight, and the Bruins letting other teams get away with too much. Then the Dallas game happened, setting off the team toughness period of Bruins that eventually lead to the Cup.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think they need a galvanizing moment, like the Chara era Bruins did. I remember in the beginning, there was a lot of talk here of where the toughness was, Julien doesn't let the team fight, and the Bruins letting other teams get away with too much. Then the Dallas game happened, setting off the team toughness period of Bruins that eventually lead to the Cup.

Julien's team had 11 fights in 4 preseason games in his first season. I don't think anybody could say he wasn't letting them fight.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Julien's team had 11 fights in 4 preseason games in his first season. I don't think anybody could say he wasn't letting them fight.

But there were people here questioning if Julien was handcuffing the team by telling them to turn the other cheek. That narrative went away as that season went on.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
But there were people here questioning if Julien was handcuffing the team by telling them to turn the other cheek. That narrative went away as that season went on.

I wasn't a member here at the time, but I would have called them crazy. That team was fighting from the puck drop in game 1.

Reactions: PB37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad