GDT: Game 4 Boston@Carolina - “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
It's been a pleasure, guys! Cane fan for life. But I'm gonna need some time to wallow in this.

Further, than we thought we'd get; but not how we'd thought it'd end.

Hopefully with some time away, the bitterness will clear and we'll appreciate this season for what is.

Goodnight, guys.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Sigh...

Best tradition in sports
IMG_9485.JPG

Reactions: Tryamw and Pomee

GindyDraws

#HutchOut
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Not what we wanted. Not at all.

But, these things happen. We got extremely fortunate getting Svechnikov, and considering the guys we have like Staal, Aho, Mrazek, and Rask, it's a lot we can work with for the next few years.

At least, NBC Sports finally knows that us Caniacs care for these Jerks, and hopefully that will translate to us getting more games on TV in the future.

GindyDraws

#HutchOut
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
The worst thing about this is that we could technically have a better and more talented team the next several seasons and still not get back to the ECF because the playoffs are just unpredictable.

That's what you gotta love (and hate) about the Stanley Cup playoffs.

At the very least, though, I don't want Carolina to be dominating the regular season. Getting the President's Trophy has shown to be overrated the past few years.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
The worst thing about this is that we could technically have a better and more talented team the next several seasons and still not get back to the ECF because the playoffs are just unpredictable.

Sadly, that's how it is. Especially because the Canes aren't in that contending year-in-year-out territory yet.

The focus comes back to just making the playoffs, which isn't going to be easy. Everybody will see the Canes as "the team that made the ECF" using them as a measuring stick, and you'll see more games where you go "wtf was that effort".

On top of that, staying hot for 1/2 the season is very unlikely.

And team like Florida will make a big push this summer, that already started with hiring Q.

Tough ending to the season but relish what happened this year, no shame losing to Boston. Never know what happens in the near future.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Much in the same way the the Canes weren't a 4-0 sweep better than the Isles, the Bruins aren't a 4-0 sweep better than the Canes. Boston is the better team that got all of the bounces. I'm not sure that is sustainable. It didn't last for Carolina in this round. That's something to keep an eye on in the Finals.

Fun season. I'm not bullish on the team getting back to this level in the short-term, but I'm even more optimistic about the future than I've been.

Reactions: Tryamw

GindyDraws

#HutchOut
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Just a friendly reminder to everyone, Checkers begin their ECFs tomorrow night. So playoff Hockey in NC is still going, even if it's not the major-league variety.

It's against the Marlies, too. Hopefully it'll be successful for the Checkers and Bojangles is raucous.

I don't want the Wolves to make the Calder Cup Finals, which has been a thing I've had since the Aeros were in Houston (ironically, Chicago beat the Iowa Wild, who used to be the Aeros). As much as I hate everything about the Pacific Division on principle, I'll support San Diego by default.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Yeah, thats something I didn't really think about until now. Hell Tampa is living proof of this (still can't believe they couldn't muster up 1 win against Columbus).

Still though, you get in, you have a chance. We just gotta ice a team that can still compete for playoff contention at the very least. Going to hard as hell with our division but it can be done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad