BRUINS GDT GAME 4 10:38 PM EDT - THE BEAR explores South Park - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I put this comment up on the last (pregame) thread.
About a month or so ago, I read an interview (wish I could remember where) with Don Sweeney. He was asked if talks have started on extending JDB. He answered (paraphrasing) that "we have to see if Jake still wants to be here since he requested to be traded the season before last."
I thought that was very telling. I will try to find the interview and post it here.

But here's the actual interview so I was a bit off.

“We're going to have communication with Jake and his representation, and we'd like to know if Jake indeed does want to be here and hopefully we can find common ground,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said, via NHL.com. “We'd like to see Jake remain with the Bruins.”

IMO, Jake is a sensitive guy and (also JMO) he looked like he was sulking during the last game.

It is all talk on both sides. Very common with free agents.

Debrusk will re-sign if the money is enough. It will not be a discount.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Have to wonder about trade possibilities here? Maybe Sweeney already knows he does not want to resign Debrusk.

Center incoming? Debrusk and Gryz outgoing? Nugent-Hopkins with Edmonton's slow start? Lohrei in the lineup? I smell trade.

Reactions: The don godfather

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
could have kept it in house so it doesn't become a spectacle, but the Bruins made it public now so here we are holding a FA accountable. It's now a distraction .

Is it really a distraction though? He sit this game to pay for being late and then be back in the line-up next game. This isn't some headline grabbing incident like we had last year with the Bruins signing Mitchell Miller. Now that shit show was a distraction because players had none stop questions about their opinion of the signing. The only guy aside from DeBrusk that likely gets questions about DeBrusk is Marchand.

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta say, this situation is a big test for Marchand. He'll have to keep Debrusk accountable the way Chara or Bergy would've
It is your standard GM speak but there will be people in the media looking for clicks that will try to tie these comments into what happened now which is unfair.

My hope is that Jake doesn't duck the questions asked and that he is honest about what happened and accepts Monty's decision. If he ducks it and brushes it off then that's an entirely different conversation.
As a Bruins season ticket holder who pays Jake’s salary I went to see all security cameras. I need to know when and at what time he left room and with whom

If DeBrusk claims the old vending machine didn’t drop my candy or Cheetos I need footage this led to a delay

He’s 27 and a bad suitcase packer are my only leads but I’m sure there is a connection

Have to wonder about trade possibilities here? Maybe Sweeney already knows he does not want to resign Debrusk.

Center incoming? Debrusk and Gryz outgoing? Nugent-Hopkins with Edmonton's slow start? Lohrei in the lineup? I smell trade.
No one will take a 27 year old guy that was late for a meeting

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

RNH signed a team friendly deal to stay in EDM and has a full NMC. He's isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jake has made it known that he WANTS to stay. In case anyone missed it.

-- Jake DeBrusk has known only one team during his NHL career, and the 26-year-old forward would like to keep it that way.

"I'm hoping to stay [with the Boston Bruins]. It's the only team that I know and the team that I grew up with," DeBrusk said at the Perry Pearn 3 vs. 3 Hockey Camp on Tuesday. "Hopefully it goes in that direction, and we'll see how it goes. That's why I have an agent (Rick Valette), and I told him I wanted to stay out of this one and in time, it'll be nice when it all gets done."

DeBrusk, who is entering the final season of a two-year, $8 million contract ($4 million average annual value) he signed with the Bruins on March 21, 2022, can become an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career after this season.

Prior to signing that contract, though, DeBrusk had requested a trade from Boston.

"It's not my first time going through this. It's my third time my contract is up with them (he also signed a two-year, $7.35 million contract Nov. 23, 2020)," DeBrusk said. "I kind of know what to expect, although it's a little bit different with now being a UFA. I'm not too focused on that. I've kind of tested the waters before and I'm just going to focus on hockey."

Last season, DeBrusk set NHL career highs in points (50) and power-play points (14), and tied his career high in goals (27) despite missing nearly seven weeks after sustaining a hand injury and fracturing his fibula against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2023 Winter Classic

"Last year when I got injured in the Winter Classic, I was just really starting to come into my game, so it made me a little bit angry because I thought I was going to go on kind of a heater there, which probably would have ended up being 30 or 35 (goals)," DeBrusk said. "But it's easy to say that, and everyone starts at zero and you go from there.

"If I stay healthy, I think I can score 30 this season. I've knocked on the door twice with 27 (also in 2018-19), and I have 25 in there as well (in 2021-22). I think if I stay healthy, that's obviously the goal, to finally get to that 30 mark."

Boston will need that kind of production out of DeBrusk after 2 centers each retired during the offseason. The Bruins also traded forwards Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno to the Chicago Blackhawks on June 26.

"There are a lot of different expectations, especially with everything that's changed with the center position," DeBrusk said. "Losing 'Bergy' and 'Krech,' those are pretty big losses. In saying that, I think there were a lot of people who didn't think we were going to make the playoffs last season, and so we're back in the same position."

The Bruins not only qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs last season, they set NHL records for wins (65) and points (135). However, they were eliminated by the Florida Panthers in the Eastern Conference First Round, losing the final three games of the series, including 4-3 in overtime at home in Game 7.

"I think that's in the past," DeBrusk said. "It's tough. It's one of those things where we had high expectations breaking the record, and going from there, it's kind of a hard fall. But I've also lost in the Final in Game 7 (to the St. Louis Blues in 2019), so it's hard to compare to that."

Although DeBrusk admitted it will be difficult for the Bruins to match their regular-season success from 2022-23, he still expects them to be one of the top teams in the East.

"You start from Game 1, just like any other season," DeBrusk said. "You want to build your game and you want to improve on what you can do out there and try to earn more opportunity. I think it's one of those things where we're not really concerned with what people say about our team. I think we're a pretty solid group, we have lots of guys that are there that got us to that point, (and) we added a couple of guys at the deadline. Some guys that have left does change things, but I'm focused on Game 1. It's the only way to do it."

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Seems logical

DeBrusk reputation tarnished forever

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
As a Bruins season ticket holder who pays Jake’s salary I went to see all security cameras. I need to know when and at what time he left room and with whom

If DeBrusk claims the old vending machine didn’t drop my candy or Cheetos I need footage this led to a delay

He’s 27 and a bad suitcase packer are my only leads but I’m sure there is a connection

No one will take a 27 year old guy that was late for a meeting
"No one will take a 27 year old guy that was late for a meeting"

The Stars took Tyler Seguin even though there were rumors about his behavior. DeBrusk scored more than 25 goals the last 2 years. There is a team that will take him. Is this how they run him out of town?

Reactions: sarge88

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Late Night crew tonight again folks. As your Captain, I will be here. So expect more squat thrusts to get the blood pumping, Trivia, intermission songs, etc. And all the tried shenanigans that happen during a west coast road trip. So join us in the delirious posting! We're a fun bunch. The Bruins didn't give us much to work with last game, I'm hoping tonight will be different.

Hopefully the boys get ready from the jump. No sleepy skating. No injuries. Play hard. Play smart. Play physical. And play fast! Let's get this win.

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
"No one will take a 27 year old guy that was late for a meeting"

The Stars took Tyler Seguin even though there were rumors about his behavior. DeBrusk scored more than 25 goals the last 2 years. There is a team that will take him. Is this how they run him out of town?
I’d still bet DeBrusk signs here

To me he’s all fun kind of an air head at times and as harmless as a kitten

Shit happens - if it becomes a habit then it becomes a problem but he’s been here since 2016 and this is all I got on him

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Jake back to his shenanigans after flying straight for a whole season? And the coach holding him accountable? How long before the core decides they don't want to play for Monty?

Ha!!! Its going to be interesting what happens. First test of the season on the road and
there is an issue with a "core" guy requiring the coach to sit him.

Call Chicago and trade Jake and bring Hall back...lol.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Jake back to his shenanigans after flying straight for a whole season? And the coach holding him accountable? How long before the core decides they don't want to play for Monty?
Um…. Shouldn’t you be out buying a birthday cake & presents for your twins ???

Monty on a pace to shatter last years historic record with 164 points

They will win in spite of him

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Monty being a hardo trying to get message I’m in charge here

If it’s a first time offense he would lose my respect if I was on that team - it would have an opposite effect

I will wait till Loretta Lynch findings

However if Monty trying to make a statement over a 1 time (and that’s all we know that would hold up) offense he really F’d up

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Monty being a hardo trying to get message I’m in charge here

If it’s a first time offense he would lose my respect if I was on that team - it would have an opposite effect

I will wait till Loretta Lynch findings

However if Monty trying to make a statement over a 1 time (and that’s all we know that would hold up) offense he really F’d up

maybe wasn't even Monty this could have been handed down from above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad