GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV | #FeedTheChickens | #RAAANDY | #GoLeafsGo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The difference between this and some of our other ugly games is that 1) Panthers are not even playing all that well 2) there is nothing around to save us. PP looks bad, our offensive edge seems lost.

Probably the worst game of the season so far over soon 40 minutes.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
Carlyle has failed utterly to adapt the system to the lineup. So he tried to adapt the lineup to the system and it's a disaster. This is 100% on Carlyle. This team looks bad because he's setting them up to fail. There is lots of talen on this team and enough big strong players as well. The stretch passes from below the faceoff dots and the dump-and-chase just fails over and over and over and over. And Carlyle just keeps sticking with it.

I totally agree. Randy is wasting our offensive talent with this system. Yes, it's important to play safe, non "Wilson pond hockey" but I mean this dump-and-no-chase is idiotic.

leafstilldeath*

Make it mandatory for the non-suits that go to the games to bring waffles with them every game from now on.

It is time...Lets Waffles galore!!!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It all starts down the middle.. Nonis did not replace the long term injury of Bolland.. Then when you add Bozak to the injury list it is just too much with the depth that the Leafs have..

I don't see anyone playing harder in their absence. Maybe Holland, but all these guys are just so ho hum, content to be local Toronto celebrities instead of winning. The lifestyle in Toronto must be a corrupting influence. Everyone is so damn comfortable.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
How did this team beat the Hawks 7-3?

It's so frustrating knowing that they can play so well, but just don't. I can't understand. I put more effort into my job at $15 an hour. I mean come on.

Clarkson and Fraser are not good at hockey. At least not the way Clarkson is trying to play the game.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I have a theory. The Leafs come out looking like they don't want it so often because they hate Carlyle's system. And I can see why, it sucks and is totally inappropriate for the lineup we have. And when the Leafs have an awesome game they do so despite Carlyle, playing short passes and the rush offense. Which is how they want to play.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Every time I think we've had our worst game of the season, we have a worse game a few nights later. Usually with our best game of the season to that point in between.

it's like they are challenging your belief of wondering how much crap hockey they can play.

why won't this team work harder.

is Jake hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad