GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV | #FeedTheChickens | #RAAANDY | #GoLeafsGo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Get Raymond on the 2nd line let the speed come into play.

Clarkson let him earn his money on the bench cooling hhis heels

Oct 19, 2007
The team needs to be nuked, it's rotten to the core.

It all starts down the middle.. Nonis did not replace the long term injury of Bolland.. Then when you add Bozak to the injury list it is just too much with the depth that the Leafs have..

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
this team has no fire in there game... i wanna see someone break there stick over the crossbar or one of the few times I actually want one of my better players to start a fight... how awesome would it be if kessel broke his stick and just fought someone middle-weight on florida? That would really spark the boys

No fight in this team D'amigo gets pummeled and nobody.goes after Bortuzzo. Oh there is always excuses, close game, not a fair tradeoff so not going to get involved. Other teams always seem to retaliate no matter what the situation is.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Why are Leafs fans cursed with the most frustrating team to watch for the past decade? I honestly feel like crying

I've been a Leaf fan since the 80's and the Norris division. Watched Clark get drafted. A decade of frustration would be ok.
Like I said we have good talent but consistency is right out the window.
When we are good we can play with anyone. Unfortunately we only bring it like every 5 or so games.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
The one positive about 24/7 is hopefully we can see more how the hell Carlyle deals with this funk in the dressing room

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Totally agree. It's not that the players are refusing to play a system, and they aren't lazy, and they aren't tuning out the coach. They simply cannot compete - when you go down the roster its really a lot of soft players who play small. Especially most of the D.

Carlyle has failed utterly to adapt the system to the lineup. So he tried to adapt the lineup to the system and it's a disaster. This is 100% on Carlyle. This team looks bad because he's setting them up to fail. There is lots of talen on this team and enough big strong players as well. The stretch passes from below the faceoff dots and the dump-and-chase just fails over and over and over and over. And Carlyle just keeps sticking with it.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Shots from the perimeters, losing 50/50 battles, not skating wont win a game. The leafs seem to create their chances by dumping the puck to one guy skating into 4 panthers hoping a miracle happens. That's what happens in high school gym class

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I've been a Leaf fan since the 80's and the Norris division. Watched Clark get drafted. A decade of frustration would be ok.
Like I said we have good talent but consistency is right out the window.
When we are good we can play with anyone. Unfortunately we only bring it like every 5 or so games.

How about we have only done it twice this year? LA and CHI. That's it

Kyle Doobas*

Every time I think we've had our worst game of the season, we have a worse game a few nights later. Usually with our best game of the season to that point in between.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
After the Montreal game where Carlyle started Gardiner with Phanuef and made an ill advised change 5 seconds in to Change Gardiner and put Gunnarsson on for reasons only Carlyle knows leaving Gunnarsson in a horrible position where he takes a penalty in result of the change was the moment that Carlyle's micro managing ways became apparent crystal clear that he's the problem with this team.

Unless Carlyle changes which it wont until he's fired this team will continue to be one that will take 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
if we lose carlyle has got to go. we are playing at a 71 point pace in our last 16 or something like that. pathetic. everyone is floating. all lazy, uninspired and unmotivated. looks like they have given up and the fans have as well judging by the massive amounts of empty seats. Burke waited too long to fire wilson. Nonis has to fire him tonight or we are going to sink.

How long before we hear the fire Nonis mantra then? Is he doing a good job -> e.g. Clarkson?

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Most of this core needs to be nuked. There's just a softness in the group that cannot overcome any adversity whatsoever. There's a lack of professionalism in terms of how mentally unprepared all these guys are for some portion of the night.

Agreed.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kessel is not a reliable franchise player. He's basically a guy to ride shotgun on someone else's coattails who will do the heavy lifting, set the pace, do the dirty work and produce more.

Kadri is always going to be a guy who gets complacent after a small sample of success. He always needs to be prodded by an authority figure and doesn't appear to be a natural winner.

Reimer reminds me of those recent Canadian WJC goalies. Not good enough and just too easy to beat.

Fraser, Ranger, Orr, McLaren are all trash, you could waive all of them and actually be better with AHLers with no job security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad