GDT: Game 35: Coyotes @ Blues - FSAZ - 1PM - Back to the Future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
As an experienced fighter it's really dumb where Schenn grabbed on, he was open for a beating.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Took 3 of four points against San Jose, and we shut them out in our loss. Lost Ollie.
Only 2 of eight with Vegas. Outclassed a bit, but some encouraging signs.
2 of four from the Ducks. Only allowed one goal in our loss.
4 of six from the Blues so far, and we weren't far from taking all six.

If you told me we'd be 3-4-0 against Vegas and the Blues without Ollie to start the season, I'd have been pretty happy.

Eleven games in and we're a point out of a playoff spot with a game in hand on Minny.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Took 3 of four points against San Jose, and we shut them out in our loss. Lost Ollie.

If you told me we'd be 3-4-0 against Vegas and the Blues without Ollie to start the season, I'd have been pretty happy.

Eleven games in and we're a point out of a playoff spot with a game in hand on Minny.

Pretty clear we have a decent chance to win against teams that don't try to punish us physically. Can we turn the corner against the tougher (more physical) teams?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com

If you had told me this before the start of the season I would figure it was because 1-0 or 2-1 wins where Kuemper plays out of his mind. Not because more games than not we have scored three goals.

I'm not so sure the Blues are as scary as they were the past two seasons. They lost a lot of size and grit and replaced it with Krug and Hoffman. I'm sure they will look better once Tarasenko is back but outside of their unwaivering compete some of the classic "Blues" elements seem to be missing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Let their captain walk and replaced him with Krug. That's pretty rough.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I agree and this offence is looking like it is starting to get some pop. I feel like we out played the Blues the last few games too.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just saw the game. Very impressed w the team defense. Also, enough about sending Hayton down. He belongs. His scoring will come next season. His vision is superior. His passing is crisp. His defense is good. He is responsible. He belongs here.

I think he's with the wrong players. Brassard and Kessel are slow and soft on the puck. Their strength is quick passing. Hayton is also a pass first guy. That 3rd line has zero sustain to it. It's easily the worst line on the team and it's not really Hayton's fault.

I think he'd play a lot better in Cags spot on the 2nd line with Dvorak and Pitlick.

Sam Bennett would be a great get for the 3C between those two skill guys if the price is right.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think he's with the wrong players. Brassard and Kessel are slow and soft on the puck. Their strength is quick passing. Hayton is also a pass first guy. That 3rd line has zero sustain to it. It's easily the worst line on the team and it's not really Hayton's fault
Did you catch the game today?

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I am very happy about Hayton and reasonably happy with the situation RT is putting him in.

Hayton has the characteristics of a future strong defensive C, with unknown offensive ability at this level and at this stage which is absolutely normal. I like that he is put on a line with full responsibility at the defensive end; it gives him the chance to learn the ropes and in my mind he is doing very well - very few mistakes.

It also looks like Kessel is very willing to help out on that line and this is a major plus too, even if this means to have to handle pressure in the D zone at least for now- then again, we have been playing Vegas and St Louis quite a bit.

I don't mind if Hayton plays 10-12 minutes a game. I would be a bit more preoccupied if it was 6-8 minutes a game. Hayton is also winning so very valuable face offs.

Had Hayton been a full on, skill first, offensive dynamo prospect, I would definitely prefer him in a situation where he could light it up, gain confidence in his skills and ability ie. the AHL. But he is not this kind of guys, and I think he is gaining a lot of confidence and experience in his current role; one that we have had success developing if we look at Dvorak.

So I am ok with it all, rather excited actually.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Just saw the game. Very impressed w the team defense. Also, enough about sending Hayton down. He belongs. His scoring will come next season. His vision is superior. His passing is crisp. His defense is good. He is responsible. He belongs here.

Yes. He's not going to learn a thing in Tucson that he doesn't already know. He needs a challenge, not a break.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hayton is very smart and very solid. Great decision maker and knows where to position himself. But he completely lacks any kind of physical quickness out there. And I don’t just mean footspeed. I mean reflexes and hands too. He honestly looks exactly like Derek Stepan.

He needs to be in the minors. For his confidence and his quickness. He’s got to get down there and be “the man” or his development is going to continue to be utterly stunted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad