GDT: Game #3: Utah HC @ NY Rangers - 5:00pm MDT - Utah16, Arizona61

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good on Hayton. Maybe some people will quit bitchin for a few games. We look pretty good so far playing against the Rangers. Several good shifts by each line
Pleased with overall game. Early in the season but I thought every player contributed. Ingram was probably our least effective player and we still won. Can't say that very often.

Reactions: gorsk11

Plgilbert89

Jul 10, 2024
Quebec
I wonder if we play Vejmelka next game? Give Ingram a chance to refocus…he is letting ,more goals in each game ? 3 of those goals last night , were saves he should have had.

Or do we play him until we lose?
Im with you there, our defense isnt playing great at all but there were a few goals for sure he should have stopped. The problem is Vejmelka looked shaky in preseason but yes I guess we will have to give him a game at some point.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oh yeah saw that happening last period.. we can barely hold a 2 goal lead .. we have no business letting in 5 goals .. nothing has changed defensively from last year..

If this continues you need to start looking at the D coach ..( system ) already dealt with players

Serg very hesitant all areas of the ice
I don't agree. We are playing a very talented team who are SC contenders. Sergy was soft on the Rangers 5th goal but overall he was pretty good. Do not like AT playing him and Durzi almost 30 TOI

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He has played well. Have to give credit where credit is due. He's not falling down, not sure if he changed skates, had lessons or what.
Hayton scored a few goals, his overall game is the same, solid in all 3 zones, just like last year, I am glad he is getting some points now, I think it continues. We have more talent on the PP, young guys getting better, that helps too. Hayton will be Jakey's new favorite soon:)

We have not had this kind of talent and fire power offensively maybe ever, or at least back to JR/Keith days. We could easily be 0-3, early in the season, team D is sloppy, we are taking advantage of that now. But, our D is pretty bad, that needs to be fixed.

These early season wins can help add points, its a fun team to watch now, we always have a shot with the creative offensive players.

Reactions: PuckLife

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I loved the way the play started getting chippy… Rangers might have thought they could intimidate and coast to a win afterwards… but McBain !!!!
Have to give McBain a lot of credit. Sticking up for his team mates and fighting one of the better fighters in the league. McBain has played very well this year.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
He has played well. Have to give credit where credit is due. He's not falling down, not sure if he changed skates, had lessons or what.

I'm thinking he just filled out more. Has more of the man-muscle now. Kid was young his draft year, just turned 24, and probably didn't get to do the type of upper body weight training he regiments during the shoulder recovery and everything that held him out last season.

What I'm worried about now is he absolutely needs to stay healthy. And even if he does this season he needs to be able throughout his career, because out center depth is concerning in the near future.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Our C depth is less concerning now than it has been in a long time IMO. Hayton and Cooley both looking like legit top 6 Cs is massive. The other W/C hybrids are what give us the depth.
We're thin on prospects at C because Tucson has none and Castagna and Beaudoin aren't close yet.

Hayton
Cooley
Bjugstad
Stenlund
McBain
Kerfoot
Doan

Reactions: PuckLife and Napoli

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm thinking he just filled out more. Has more of the man-muscle now. Kid was young his draft year, just turned 24, and probably didn't get to do the type of upper body weight training he regiments during the shoulder recovery and everything that held him out last season.

What I'm worried about now is he absolutely needs to stay healthy. And even if he does this season he needs to be able throughout his career, because out center depth is concerning in the near future.
Maybe with BA giving him that two yr. show me contract woke him up. Still early in the year, let's see what happens.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I'm kinda surprised Carcone played as late into the game as he did. He was really bad defensively, multiple missed assignments, one lead to a goal and another bad decision to go back in to his own zone that lead to a good chance for the Rangers. McBain getting ejected added some stress to this game, they could of used him in the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad