GDT: Game 3: Red Wings at rags 7:00 pm et 10/14/24

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Our drafting has not been horrible at all. You just haven't given those kids the chance to not be 20 yet

Even Larkin though. He's been one of the better faceoff guys in the league and he's been stinking too.
He got torched by Trocheck tonight, he entered the night 10th in faceoff wins in the league and at over 56 percent. I am more willing to chalk his to a bad night.

NHL Leaders & Stats - Faceoffs Stats | FOX Sports

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Only Kasper and ASP on that list looks capable at the NHL level.
come on dude

I'm sick of losing like you, and I genuinely understand your frustration and pessimism. Watching losing hockey for 8 years in a row (9 after this year, the team is worse than last year) takes a toll on you. It's hard to be overly optimistic, but to say MBN and Danielson (and Mazur..Cossa) are not gonna make the league is silly.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
come on dude

I'm sick of losing like you, and I genuinely understand your frustration and pessimism. Watching losing hockey for 8 years in a row (9 after this year, the team is worse than last year) takes a toll on you. It's hard to be overly optimistic, but to say MBN and Danielson (and Mazur..Cossa) are not gonna make the league is silly.
Make the league, sure maybe they will. But they do not have the high end talent we desperately are seeking. More interchangeable 3rd and 4th line guys at best, ala more Rasmussens and Velenos

• Haha
Reactions: Euro Twins

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

billy-madison-comedy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1st Star - Refs - Generational refereeing tonight.
2nd Star - Refs - Have to give them kudos.
3rd Star - Lyon couple softies to fit in with the top end refereeing.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Edvinsson only getting 18 min ice time doesn't feel right, thought he had a good game.
Lalonde is an idiot. His game management is insanely stupid.

Seider played almost 26 min tonight despite the fact that I didn't think him and chirot were very good tonight. Seider needs to pick up his game. Everyone is always on Ed's case but seider sucks playing in front of our net time and time again. Chariot made some stupid passes tonight and lost coverage a few times. I honestly thought ed and holl were the best pair out there. Really generated chances and kept plays alive. Ed continues to show creativity and yet stupid lalonde continues to play Chiarot on the 2nd pp unit despite the fact that he sucks at that role. So frustrating knowing we have a coach that is underutilizing our players.

I also thought Larkin was awful tonight. He lost so many key face offs and kept giving pucks away over and over, tried forcing way too many plays and just gave the puck to the rangers. Copp also irritates me. Loses face offs to clean and loses coverage of his man too often.

Raymond and berg had strong games. Both were winning battles and generating chances. Nice to see.

The writing is on the wall. This team needs Kasper. It's bullshit that he's not on the team. Compher just isn't cutting it on the 2nd line. How many games are we going to lose this year until this team realizes this. Our 2nd line and 2nd pp would improve vastly if the wings would play him. They called up Austin Watson for nothing. He did nothing tonight and barely even played. They're afraid to call Kasper up because they know he will be too good to send back down. Super frustrating for a fan.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
It was an even game with us giving as well as we took thru 40. 3rd period Rangers suffocating defensive style took over.

I know Holl made an unbelievable play to set Larkin up, but our continuing weak 2nd pairing really puts a lot on Seiders shoulders and we just cant compete against these top teams when we are playing with two third pairings.

Reactions: 14ari13
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Make the league, sure maybe they will. But they do not have the high end talent we desperately are seeking. More interchangeable 3rd and 4th line guys at best, ala more Rasmussens and Velenos
Time will tell. I think MBN will surprise a bit and surpass expectations. Danielson will be an NHL regular, I somewhat agree he may be a 3c at this level, but he's still young and has some intangibles that could help him reach his ceiling. Cossa is trending in the right direction and if he doesn't work out we have Augustine who has potential as well. Mazur will contribute as a role player and Wallinder will get games too. Then there's a couple complete wildcards in Lombardi and Buchelnikov too.

The losing sucks for all of us, but try to find a way to enjoy the games a bit more. You post regularly, so you obviously care about the team, but the non stop shitting on the team is becoming redundant. Just enjoy it for what it is, reminisce on the good days, and hopefully we get back there one day. I'm definitely guilty of also being reactionary after every loss..but we're 1-2, there's 79 games to go. And if they do miss the playoffs again, well there's always gonna be next year.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Holl made a nice play for Larkins goal, but then after that I thought left a lot to be desired defensively. Edvinsson and Johansson I thought both had strong games, surprise surprise yzerman/lalonde, when you play talented youth over shitty washed gets it shows. Raymond yet again was our best player, Larkin actually sucked tonight despite his goal. Defensively I thought we were a lot lot better tonight, offensively we shit the bed several times. Guys like compher copp and Rasmussen just have no scoring ability. Our teams roster construction is just not very good like I keep saying. All of our good offensively players are smaller, so they get beat up in corner battles and off the puck, and then bigger guys and those down the lineup, just suck offensively. It’s like bizarre. We need to seriously cut the dead weight. Get copp out of here and sit his ass, bring kasper up let him try the 2 or 3c. The amount of times I saw Berggren create a chance just to have it ruined by Rasmussen and copp was unbearable.

Oh another thing, Watson just skated around aimlessly collecting a pay check and took an awful penalty in the offensive zone. Why did we sign him again? Baffling decisions from a FO who’s managing like it’s 2005 not almost 2025.

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Holl made a nice play for Larkins goal, but then after that I thought left a lot to be desired defensively. Edvinsson and Johansson I thought both had strong games, surprise surprise yzerman/lalonde, when you play talented youth over shitty washed gets it shows. Raymond yet again was our best player, Larkin actually sucked tonight despite his goal. Defensively I thought we were a lot lot better tonight, offensively we shit the bed several times. Guys like compher copp and Rasmussen just have no scoring ability. Our teams roster construction is just not very good like I keep saying. All of our good offensively players are smaller, so they get beat up in corner battles and off the puck, and then bigger guys and those down the lineup, just suck offensively. It’s like bizarre. We need to seriously cut the dead weight. Get copp out of here and sit his ass, bring kasper up let him try the 2 or 3c. The amount of times I saw Berggren create a chance just to have it ruined by Rasmussen and copp was unbearable.

Oh another thing, Watson just skated around aimlessly collecting a pay check and took an awful penalty in the offensive zone. Why did we sign him again? Baffling decisions from a FO who’s managing like it’s 2005 not almost 2025.
Called him up to play a whole FOUR f***ing minutes. Solid roster management.

• Wow
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Rangers has for a while now, been a team that generally just need a combined 20 min of good hockey to win.

And i feel like this was the case today. Outside of some lapses Wings played well, and would probably come away with a win most nights if they played like they did.

Didn't like the line-scrambling at the end, and Debrincat and Veleno should have been benched half way through the 3rd. They were just awful at times. Otherwise not much to complain about.

Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Lalonde is an idiot. His game management is insanely stupid.

Seider played almost 26 min tonight despite the fact that I didn't think him and chirot were very good tonight. Seider needs to pick up his game. Everyone is always on Ed's case but seider sucks playing in front of our net time and time again. Chariot made some stupid passes tonight and lost coverage a few times. I honestly thought ed and holl were the best pair out there. Really generated chances and kept plays alive. Ed continues to show creativity and yet stupid lalonde continues to play Chiarot on the 2nd pp unit despite the fact that he sucks at that role. So frustrating knowing we have a coach that is underutilizing our players.

I also thought Larkin was awful tonight. He lost so many key face offs and kept giving pucks away over and over, tried forcing way too many plays and just gave the puck to the rangers. Copp also irritates me. Loses face offs to clean and loses coverage of his man too often.

Raymond and berg had strong games. Both were winning battles and generating chances. Nice to see.

The writing is on the wall. This team needs Kasper. It's bullshit that he's not on the team. Compher just isn't cutting it on the 2nd line. How many games are we going to lose this year until this team realizes this. Our 2nd line and 2nd pp would improve vastly if the wings would play him. They called up Austin Watson for nothing. He did nothing tonight and barely even played. They're afraid to call Kasper up because they know he will be too good to send back down. Super frustrating for a fan.
You don't think it is because Seider goes against the best players on the other teams?
Time will tell. I think MBN will surprise a bit and surpass expectations. Danielson will be an NHL regular, I somewhat agree he may be a 3c at this level, but he's still young and has some intangibles that could help him reach his ceiling. Cossa is trending in the right direction and if he doesn't work out we have Augustine who has potential as well. Mazur will contribute as a role player and Wallinder will get games too. Then there's a couple complete wildcards in Lombardi and Buchelnikov too.

The losing sucks for all of us, but try to find a way to enjoy the games a bit more. You post regularly, so you obviously care about the team, but the non stop shitting on the team is becoming redundant. Just enjoy it for what it is, reminisce on the good days, and hopefully we get back there one day. I'm definitely guilty of also being reactionary after every loss..but we're 1-2, there's 79 games to go. And if they do miss the playoffs again, well there's always gonna be next year.
Are they 3rd and 4th liners or they can be stars and game changers?
Liked Johnny Burgers game tonight hopefully he keeps on driving hard to the net.

Thou he still loses way too many board battles.
I thought Berggren was good in 1st 2 games and it seemed he played a lot in 3rd period, but he gets knocked off of the puck very easily. He has to be stronger or smarter and preferably both.

Copp is so invisible. Some other players too. But it is 3 games only.

The game was closer than the score tells. We could and should have scored in the 2nd period, but their goalie made all the saves he was supposed to make and then he made some semi great ones, not A chances.
Lyon was okeyish, but I think I would go with the hot hand.

I can't say much after 3 games.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
We played a really good team and didn't look out of place. I feel like Tarasenko is the only guy looking to rip it. Everyone else seems to want to pass pass pass. I know we had a decent number of shots but I just feel like we were passing up shots to make more passes. They also look like a bunch of players that haven't played together much. I hope they gel soon.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
People are complaining about Seider, really??? He has played quite good thus far.

I feel like Tarasenko needs to step up his game as he hasn't really been that good through 3 games.

Still waiting for what is so good about Berggren. Aside from his drive to the net, he is pretty invisible out there.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Our best game so far. We had the chances to go up 2-1 which would have likely made it a very different game. Rangers are a good team and we outplayed them most of the game. Play like this and we'll beat a lot of teams.

Reactions: raymond23

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
People are complaining about Seider, really??? He has played quite good thus far.

I feel like Tarasenko needs to step up his game as he hasn't really been that good through 3 games.

Still waiting for what is so good about Berggren. Aside from his drive to the net, he is pretty invisible out there.
Berggren, like Hudler before him, is at his core a playmaking catalyst. If you stick him with talent, he has the ability to make a line better. But there needs to be a base level of offensive inclination in his linemates. He's not a "f*** it, I'll do it myself" offensive player. Not at the NHL level. So if you stick him on a line opposite Motte, there really isn't anything he can do with that. It's telling that some of the best chances he's had so far is with Edvinsson. Because Edvinsson knows that with Berggren on the ice if he jumps up, he'll get the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad