GDT: Game 3: Red Wings at rags 7:00 pm et 10/14/24

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Rasumussen with the softest backcheck I've ever seen

Ed bad read

0-1

Not able to watch the game but just saw a replay of the goal. I'm not sure who Ed thought he was covering there.

Ras definitely with a soft backcheck but I'm not sure it would've made a difference.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Not able to watch the game but just saw a replay of the goal. I'm not sure who Ed thought he was covering there.

Ras definitely with a soft backcheck but I'm not sure it would've made a difference.
His mind was already on the bench probably.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Ed and I believe it was Holl were both trying to cover two guys while not covering anyone was sort of the breakdown. Then again Panarin does that to a lot of people in the league. I didn't like the reaching though out of Edvinsson, skate and use your size on guys. He was reaching for pucks on a few plays in that first, they beat you at this level when you do that.

Reactions: raymond23

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ed and I believe it was Holl were both trying to cover two guys while not covering anyone was sort of the breakdown. Then again Panarin does that to a lot of people in the league. I didn't like the reaching though out of Edvinsson, skate and use your size on guys.
Panarin cut to the slot and left Holl behind him. Panarin faked the shot, so Ed took the knee to block the shot. There's a reason Panarin makes the big bucks.

1728950329293.png

Just adding the pic to the general discussion. Not disputing what you said.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Panarin cut to the slot and left Holl behind him. Panarin faked the shot, so Ed took the knee to block the shot. There's a reason Panarin makes the big bucks.

View attachment 916732
Yeah, I was impressed with how Panarin moved guys too and eluded to this is going happen to a lot of guys. This in part is the they have played a game and period together. Holl would need to call off Ed and he really cannot that just leaves Panarin to pick a corner as the shooter without Ed taking his shot. Tough spot mostly brought on by week backside pressure out of Rasmussen more so than the D pairing which doesn't have forward support.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
It was a broken play and Panarin had the puck. Holl, Ed, and Lyon were all immediately at a disadvantage. Ed was in position to defend Panarin’s lateral movement while potentially pushing the play to the outside. Lafrennneiereriere immediately went to a prime soft spot on the ice tho and Panarin hit him on the tape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad