Post-Game Talk: Game #3 Pens vs Leafs

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What a shocker. Pens can't win or score goals against teams that don't play shit defense or whose goalie isn't letting in muffins from everywhere.

It's like we've seen this movie for the past handful of seasons. But nah, I'm sure things will change as long as we keep doing the exact same things over and over again.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What a shocker. Pens can't win or score goals against teams that don't play shit defense or whose goalie isn't letting in muffins from everywhere.

It's like we've seen this movie for the past handful of seasons. But nah, I'm sure things will change as long as we keep doing the exact same things over and over again.

At least we have a top 11 LW.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I honestly didn't hate their game. I thought they really took it to the Leafs in the first. They played quick and had a good forecheck. Leafs got their first two on bad bounces.

That game could have gone either way honestly.

Reactions: Giskard

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I honestly didn't hate their game. I thought they really took it to the Leafs in the first. They played quick and had a good forecheck. Leafs got their first two on bad bounces.

That game could have gone either way honestly.
I had the opposite takeaway tbh. Blom kept them in it but they were giving away odd man chances and high danger shots like candy. There's no structure to their game

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1728795256481.png

• Wow
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

metalan2

May 30, 2008
This team just isn't all that talented offensively. Sid and Geno can still bring it (though Sid was bad tonight) but the wingers in the top six pretty much are all varying levels of stink.

The bottom six looks better than it was last year but I still don't think there's going to be a whole lot of offense coming from them.

And the goaltending....Blomqvist looks solid so far but he's young and will probably get sent down when Ned comes back. TJ is TJ.

PP looks better I guess?
It's just a very poorly coached team. I'm convinced it would compete with any other coach that isn't sully or Quinn.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Lol…just come out and say you and your team were ass…

Sullivan - "This is all a part of my 8yr adjustment plan with the way we play, our sticktoitiveness."

It's just a very poorly coached team. I'm convinced it would compete with any other coach that isn't sully or Quinn.
giphy.gif

I think it's funnier to see the Leafs one vs this team.

1728796483538.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Makes total sense to break up a third line that had something going the last two weeks. Subsequently taking DOC away from Malkin when those two have showed a spark. What an absolute gong show behind the bench.
Exactly my point. They showed more jump from top to bottom vs Detroit and so naturally Sullivan f***s it all up by throwing Rust in and making the wrong adjustments. They could have thrown in Rust in limited usage in the bottom 6 instead or waited until the Habs game.

Also if he plans to use McGroarty this sparingly, he's better off being in WBS. Which would have been where you put Rust in that spot. But barely playing the lad is just ridiculous and then the line up changes negated all the momentum.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Lol…just come out and say you and your team were ass…

I feel like Sullivan's just copy and pasting his responses from the past few seasons. He's said those exact things, word for word, multiple times in the past.

This looks exactly like a team that struggled to score last season and lost their best winger by a big margin
What are you talking about? Bunting's still around. He just needs the same opportunities as Jake.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Across 3 games so far...

Geno has been fine with his line being a combination of:

Bunting, Geno, Rakell
Bunting, Geno, Doc/Doc, Geno, Bunting

Oddly enough the 3rd line was great vs the Rangers, awful against the Wings, so naturally Sullivan just splits it up and it's a slight improvement over the Wings game but not by much.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pretty funny that Colorado and Edmonton are both 0-2. Edmonton lost at home to the Hawks of all teams lol.

I guess in that context the Pens being 1-2 doesn't look so bad.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Puljujarvi has 21 points in his last 99 games. If that's the "most talented wing" this team has, this team is liquid dogshit.
Playing either through hip injury or returning for massive hip surgery.

How the f*** do you make that statement with out adding this context...?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
Sacramento, CA
Playing either through hip injury or returning for massive hip surgery.

How the f*** do you make that statement with out adding this context...?
Here is some context

The dude has played in less than 50% of possible NHL games in his 8+ year career

And has about a .33 point per game average

OUTSTANDING work, jesse

And i love his dedicated cadre of fans who continue to scream that he has lived up to being a top five draft pick with zero evidence of him doing so

I don't care about injury. If you are hurt and suck.... You suck. This isn't a charity. We don't owe him any benefit of doubt

He is still pretty good for this cap hit, I'll give you that much

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Here is some context

The dude has played in less than 50% of NHL games in his 8 year career

And has about a .33 point per hand average

OUTSTANDING work, jesse

And i love his dedicated cadre of fans who continue to scream that he has lived up to being a top five draft pick with zero evidence
No he has not lived up to being a top five draft pick. Wtf kind of an argument is that?

He went to Edmonton as a raw 18 year old prospect with out the ability to speak English. The Oilers dont exactly have a stellar track record of developing players.

I dont see you denying his talent in any of your comments there. You are just listing how his career has played out so far.

Let me know if you think he isn't a big man who can skate like the wind and has good vision and hands? We can argue that if you want.

Just to remind you. The conversation was about Jesse being the most talented winger on the team. Not if he has or has not produced like a top5 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad