Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

Dance Bear Dance :handclap:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/bos-...me=2016020036,game_state=final,game_tab=stats

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Casual multipoint effort from Tuukka

Couple apples... keep the doctor away for a bit

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Brandon Carlo

3 Games 1 Goal 1 Assist 2 Points +7 averaging 21 mins a night

The future has arrived

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Can't wait till Thursday! I'll be there! Hopefully Bergy will be too!

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
amazing..Carlo with almost 25 minutes of ice time. 3:31 PK time, O'Gara also had 3+ minutes PK time.

Great game by Rask and the D did enough. So happy Carlo and O'Gara playing good.

Krug....skating looks like so much work for him.

Good job by 4th line, love Moore there. Nash played alright too up on 3rd but not expecting him to bring any offense at all.

Bad-Krejci, Spooner, Beleskey, Hayes.

These guys gotta wake up.

Pasta-Marchand keep together, they got chemistry. Backes had some good hits tonight, it's fun getting to watch a hard working player like that

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Terrific games by Z, Pasta, and especially Rask. Thought the rookies all looked pretty good too, awesome to see Carlo get his first! For a 19 year old 2nd rounder, he's impressed so much. Future is VERY bright for him. What a steal.

Krejci and Spooner need to wake up. Putting Backes in there at RW should help. They're both playing very soft and careless.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Good...Rask, D rookies, Chara, Pasta
Needs more presence..Danton Beleskey
Rest played decently except...

HAYES, though I am sure the glass in other arenas are scared of him. He was given it to the Winniepeg glass all night

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With Bergy, Vatrano, Quaider, and Killer all out, this kind of win on the road is huge. I couldn't be happier with Carlo and O'Gara. They are flat out getting the job done.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
We're gonna get rolling on Thursday with Bergeron back in there and Backes sliding down with Krejci and Spoons.

Carlo is going to be up there with Parayko soon enough.

O'Gara looked good tonight.

Chara looked great.

Krug is clearly hurting, but I'm not worried yet.

I thought C. Miller looked good tonight. Not great, but he's had 2 sold games and one stinker on Saturday.

Rask was big time. Clearly not happy with Khudobin's effort.

Edit:

Just wanted to add, Spooner with only 10 minutes TOI. 3rd least on the team. Only Heinen and Schaller had less.

Also, liked Schaller's game. I think he got overlooked with some of the other good stuff that went on tonight.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Liles-C.Miller pairing is really turning out to be the weakest pair...they do a very poor job vs. big physical players, have trouble winning board battles, have trouble clearing the front of net. Not mention just poor decisions with the puck. I don't think they were awful this game but did continually get hemmed in their own zone just throwing the puck around.

Maybe you take those 2 out when healthy and add some combo of Mcquaid-K.Miller-Morrow?

Overall D has surprised.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Pasta, Rask , domo, chara and Carlo looked great! Good results with 2 road wins.

Krejci needs to be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I thought Collin Miller was outstanding. Brilliant on the PP, solid at ES.

Carlo has improved so much in just 3 games. He is REALLY starting to look like a player.
ROG has really improved too.

What a difference a little defensive responsibility makes on the Hayes/Beleskey line. They were a black hole the first 3 games, tonight they were respectable.

Krejci line was better, you could see Krejci and Spooner trying to elevate their games, but I’m still not crazy about the mix of players. I applaud Claude for giving them a chance to find some chemistry, sometimes that works, but I think that line needs a change, I think it needs a banger.

Very good game from Rask tonight. That’s what I expect every night. Let’s hope it’s the start of things to come.

On the downside, Krug had 4 turnovers in the first 3 minutes. Worst D on the ice IMO.

Side Note: Big Buff is so trick or treat for me. On the one hand he’s this dynamic Brent Burns-esque two-way presence who’s big as an ox and twice as mean. On the other hand, every time he goes for a big hit he puts his team in trouble. Tonight his 3 biggest hits created 2on1’s for the Bruins. I remember watching the Peg play ANA in the playoffs a few years back and it was the same thing. He’d throw the hit of the game, at the expense of a Getzlaf/Perry 2on1. And the long slap shot into Rask’s glove? WTF was that. I guess we should thank him for the gift because Rask gave it to Chara and Chara scored the EN goal to salt it away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad