Post-Game Talk: GAME 3 - BRUINS 3 Sharks 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I wouldn't be too worried about on-ice chemistry. I think having 3 games in 9 days this early in the season has contributed into not being able to build chemistry and consistency in play. The rest of October will be a great measuring stick.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Zacha was excellent start to finish. Probably his best game at center for Boston. He needed an effort like that because I felt he was mediocre first two.

Coyle had a good 1st period and mediocre second and really weak 3rd. He turned the
puck over several times in the 3rd in his own end and was poor at the dot. Pretty clearly he is going to be a big downgrade over #37 when closing out games in the last minute.

May not want #51 in the top 6 against LA matched against Kopitar or Dubois who are big talented centers.

Zacha's game may have been one of the best I've seen for a forward who didn't put up a point.

Coyle also took a dumb offensive zone penalty a couple of minutes into th 3rd period.

Again, surprised by how good Shattekirk looked. Very heady with the puck.

Would like to see Debrusk start on his breakout, salary driven season.

As usual, lucky to have Ullmark in net.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Having our defense and goaltending is a huge asset above a lot of other teams. Carolina has given up 24 goals in 5 games and they didn’t exactly play a murderer’s row -gave up seven to the scuffling Kraken last night.

I’m sure people will say give Carolina some time they’ll figure it out - lots of new players, etc. I’d rather need some time figuring out integrating several new players up front than trying to get my defensive structure figured out that’s for sure.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Having our defense and goaltending is a huge asset above a lot of other teams. Carolina has given up 24 goals in 5 games and they didn’t exactly play a murderer’s row -gave up seven to the scuffling Kraken last night.

I’m sure people will say give Carolina some time they’ll figure it out - lots of new players, etc. I’d rather need some time figuring out integrating several new players up front than trying to get my defensive structure figured out that’s for sure.

And Orlov -10 in those 5 games.

But he got his $7.75 mil a year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Listening to Jaffe and Razor this morning and they believe we may see Brown in for Lauko at some point and Mitchell in the line up in Chicago.

They said Poitras put the first goal in motion but that tomorrow night's game is key in deciding if he stays or goes back to juniors,

They also brought up a great point about Marchand. He's played with Bergeron for a decade and now 3 games in, he's had 3 different centers. He's looking for a new partner and that shouldn't be ignored.

They said the next episode from them will be on Wednesday.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I managed to see two of our goals live before passing out. Seems like I saw the best of it!

This is all gravy anyway. Gimme an 8th place team and I'm so beyond expectactions. I'm excited to add to this core next year with all that juicy cap space.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Listening to Jaffe and Razor this morning and they believe we may see Brown in for Lauko at some point and Mitchell in the line up in Chicago.

They said Poitras put the first goal in motion but that tomorrow night's game is key in deciding if he stays or goes back to juniors,

They also brought up a great point about Marchand. He's played with Bergeron for a decade and now 3 games in, he's had 3 different centers. He's looking for a new partner and that shouldn't be ignored.

Interesting. I thought Looch looked real slow and bad in San Jose.

Lauko didn't look much better though. Did I hear Jack or Brick say "He's usually the first guy on the ice for practice"?
Really like Lauko's hustle, he always seems to be the first forward back on the backcheck.

Reactions: Gordoff

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

In regards to Marchand....while he does need a new center, for some reason, I believe they're looking at solidifying the other lines too...with all the juggling between the other wingers.

I personally would like to see him with Coyle and Trent.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So I guess it’s not worth watching the game because the team sucked and Poitras has no chemistry with Marchand after one game and they are sloppy and lazy. Oh yea and Zacha and Coyle suck. Did I catch all the key points here?
Imma start calling this Doom-Posting :D

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Interesting. I thought Looch looked real slow and bad in San Jose.

Lauko didn't look much better though. Did I hear Jack or Brick say "He's usually the first guy on the ice for practice"?
Really like Lauko's hustle, he always seems to be the first forward back on the backcheck.
I would agree. He had a pretty rough game.

I wouldn't mind him sitting out 1/4 games depending who they're playing.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I managed to see two of our goals live before passing out. Seems like I saw the best of it!

This is all gravy anyway. Gimme an 8th place team and I'm so beyond expectactions. I'm excited to add to this core next year with all that juicy cap space.
Same here. They looked fairly good in the first, particularly Shattenkirk and Zacha. Shatten was taking hits to make plays left and right. That is a good old man trick that I do not think will work against the Kings.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think people were a bit negative about what they saw last night because of the fact that Monty called them out for having a lazy practice.

Then they went on to score a goal and then coast the rest of the game. Outside of the Marchand snipe, the Pasta goal was pure luck (hey, i'll take it, don't get me wrong) and the JVR goal was a loose puck that no one picked up in the crease.

The final 2-3 minutes were infuriating watching them continually ice the puck on lazy, dumb plays. You cap it off with Marchand receiving a nice pass from McAvoy, skating to center, trying to dipsy doodle around a defender, turn the puck over and take a hooking penalty. It's just lazy details.

Lets see how they handle themselves against likely playoff teams instead of likely bottom feeders.

I thought that pass was from Coyle to Marchand and the Shark stepped right up on Marchand who lost the handle. Thought Coyle should have shot it anyway.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not surprised or concerned with the team being a little sloppy. 41% of the forward group wasn't here last year, 25% of our forwards either haven't play in the NHL before this year or had less than 25 NHL games played prior to this year. Oh and they've only played 3 games so far this year. It'll take them some time to gel, but that's to be expected.

This isn't last years team, were not going to blow teams out and look like a juggernaut. They're going to have to win some games ugly and they'll likely be stretches where they don't look good. That's just normal in the NHL.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Bergeron only missed 24 games the last 4 years so Marchand never had to go an extended period of time without him. However #37 missed about 35 games total in two years going back to the 2017-18 and 2018-19. However #63 was 29 and 30 starting those seasons. Hopefully #63 has no hip issues as the year goes on.

Reactions: Alicat

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
True but Jake does more than most. He rarely can read a developing play. It just isn't in his game. He will be moved.

You're clearly exaggerating here. Go back and watch his goals last year and he read lots of them well.

Unless he refuses to extend I don't see them trading him given who they lost from last year. They are giving him a PK role this year also so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad