Post-Game Talk: GAME 3 - BRUINS 3 Sharks 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1697778694844.png

1697778734369.png

1697778783712.png

1697778808247.png

1697778835537.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Game Summary

Event Summary

Full Play-By-Play

Faceoff Comparison

Faceoff Summary

Time On Ice: SJS

Time On Ice: BOS

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm a bit scared of the LA game. Hopefully, Monty has a plan to prepare them but I think we're going to see a deflating loss we all knew/know that it's going to be that kind of season.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
JVR earned his pay.

I said in the other thread that it was an ugly effort.

The two goals they scored were pretty brutal. The Marchand snipe was nice, but yeah, not an impressive effort against a team that will probably end up 32/32.

Just didn’t like their compete level tonight at all.
They did a lot of fiddlin' and diddlin' with the puck tonight. Some of it was hard to watch but it is what it is. If we don't keep reminding ourselves that this is basically a transition year we'll be pulling our hair out (like Monty).

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kings are a very good team. I think the Bs were saving some of their energy tonight and just doing what it took to get the W. SJ was never a threat in the game.

Hard to gauge the Bs since all 3 teams they've played are not very good. Saturday we will start to see how they stack up against playoff teams. The boys will need to bring it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Obviously not the best game we ever played, but a win is a win. It was bizarro world Superman out there with these goals. Happy to get a win. Thanks for joining us on the late night crew, folks! Join us again for more tiredness, trivia, intermission music, and lots of delirious posting! Great start to the season. And no injuries are always a good thing!

Goodnight to all my little petite patates!
See you soon!

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Cue the music!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Kings are a very good team. I think the Bs were saving some of their energy tonight and just doing what it took to get the W. SJ was never a threat in the game.

Hard to gauge the Bs since all 3 teams they've played are not very good. Saturday we will start to see how they stack up against playoff teams. The boys will need to bring it.
Ask Leaf fans about Hawks :laugh:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Obviously not the best game we ever played, but a win is a win. It was bizarro world Superman out there with these goals. Happy to get a win. Thanks for joining us on the late night crew, folks! Join us again for more tiredness, trivia, intermission music, and lots of delirious posting! Great start to the season. And no injuries are always a good thing!

See you soon!

View attachment 755106

Cue the music!

They played to the other teams level in the first 3 games. HOPEFULLY they play up to the Kings effort in the next game but I'm bracing myself.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

See you soon!

View attachment 755106

Cue the music!

Doesn't need to be the best game of the year.12-0 or 3-1 , banks the same amount of points. They played as hard as they needed to .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
They still look out of sync to me and the details aren’t there yet. Awesome that we’ve won 3 games without firing on all cylinders but it won’t last if they don’t get it sorted.

I thought this was Poitras worst game. He doesn’t seem to have chemistry with Marchand (saw them run into each other a couple times) and that line was a momentum killer (6 shot attempts for/15 against). He got killed at the dot too. They had him playing wing late.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They still look out of sync to me and the details aren’t there yet. Awesome that we’ve won 3 games without firing on all cylinders but it won’t last if they don’t get it sorted.

I thought this was Poitras worst game. He doesn’t seem to have chemistry with Marchand (saw them run into each other a couple times) and that line was a momentum killer. He got killed at the dot too. They had him playing wing late.
Hopefully an adjustment game for him. You're right about no chemistry with Marchy, maybe also he's the type who plays best when the games aren't 5 days apart and a more normal couple days in between. Otherwise if he isn't able to pick it up I guess he goes down. It's not the worst thing in the world and may do him a lot of good for the future.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I thought this was Poitras worst game. He doesn’t seem to have chemistry with Marchand (saw them run into each other a couple times) and that line was a momentum killer. He got killed at the dot too. They had him playing wing late.
agree on ALL points . Marchy and Poitras not a good idea IMO. Can't have 2 smallish guys on the same line no matter how tough they think they are .

Come PO time this combo is gonna get killed. If this is the strategy then all this team FO is aiming for is to bank PO games.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad