Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 10/19 - California Dreamin' - Bruins @ San Jose Sharks - 10:30 PM - NESN, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

Referees Steve Kozari (40), Chris Schlenker (3)
Linespersons James Tobias (61), Caleb Apperson (77)

TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins visit the Sharks tonight in the frst of two games between these teams this season and Boston’s lone visit to San Jose this year ... The Bruins are 2-0-0 overall this season and are playing their frst game on the road ... They are 2-0-0 vs. Western Conference teams. -The Bruins will open their current four-game road trip in San Jose tonight ... They will continue their four-game road trip in Los Angeles on Oct. 21, in Anaheim on Oct. 22 and in Chicago on Oct. 24.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Jim Montgomery is three games shy of his 200th NHL game coached. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - David Pastrnak is 6 games shy of his 600 NHL games. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 7 games short of his 900th NHL game. - James van Riemsdyk is 7 points shy of his 600th NHL assist. - Brad Marchand is 8 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - Charlie McAvoy is 8 assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Derek Forbort is 9 points short of his 100th NHL point. - James van Riemsdyk is 9 assists shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Charlie Coyle is 9 points shy of his 400th NHL point. - Pavel Zacha is 10 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. INJURIES - None reported.

BOSTON vs SAN JOSE, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Shark are meeting for the 46th time in their histories with Boston holding a 28-12-5-0 record and 149-115 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 13-7-2-0 vs. the Sharks in 22 road games with a 68-54 scoring edge in those contests. - The Bruins have won their last 11 straight games vs. San Jose with their last loss vs. the Sharks a 3-2 setback on Mar. 15, 2016

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The name of the diner is appropriate

366000086_17855097936007468_3527739078146966570_n.jpg
366014527_17855097945007468_5736891346727992522_n.jpg

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Zacha & Pastrnak will be recruiting Prague born Hertl with a bit of time in San Jose

His 8 M contract looks pretty fair and a year already burned

I’m sure SJ would love to move him if he wants to play for Boston and accelerate the rebuild

Zacha goes to LW and a new Czechia line born

Poitras stays at C

Bruins can call up Lohrei & Bussi

SJ which has BU guys at GM & coach gets a good player In Grzelcyk who would be a Quinn guy and a leader for the young players on D

Swayman who was not overly happy with his arbitration process gives SJ another character guy who’s a very good player

All on Hertl but this is basically a DKH Hockey KNow inside lock - and the Swayman part was told to me - I can’t claim it
I would rather sign Stamer and keep our assets for another player.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Zacha & Pastrnak will be recruiting Prague born Hertl with a bit of time in San Jose

His 8 M contract looks pretty fair and a year already burned

I’m sure SJ would love to move him if he wants to play for Boston and accelerate the rebuild

Zacha goes to LW and a new Czechia line born

Poitras stays at C

Bruins can call up Lohrei & Bussi

SJ which has BU guys at GM & coach gets a good player In Grzelcyk who would be a Quinn guy and a leader for the young players on D

Swayman who was not overly happy with his arbitration process gives SJ another character gSuy who’s a very good player

All on Hertl but this is basically a DKH Hockey KNow inside lock - and the Swayman part was told to me - I can’t claim it
Sweet deal if it happens. Would (yet another) first rounder be going out though (2025)?
At some point the Bruins need to keep at least one.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sweet deal if it happens. Would (yet another) first rounder be going out though (2025)?
I don’t think Hertl returns much more than cap (and would be a deadline deal at the earliest). He can select where he wants to go to, and how many teams have the a) need for a top six center and b) the space to fit him, who are teams he’d want to go to? The list gets pretty small pretty quickly.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No idea what to expect from anyone tonight, including myself. I may pass out before puck drop, i may be wired watching the post game.

But I’m very much looking forward to finding it all out!

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
No idea - all up to Hertl

It could - Swayman was mentioned to me and Grzelcyk would make complete sense in many ways if you want a classy veteran you know and trust balance out influx of youngsters

You don’t want to end up like Ducks

Swayman could be franchise Goalie

I am GM I DO NOT want Forbort - it’s 100 % Grzelcyk

The money lines up

Bruins immediately jump to top of East

Zacha - Hertl- Pastrnak
Marchand - Poitras- DeBrusk
JVR - Coyle - Frederic
Lucic - Beecher - Geekie
Lauko

Lohrei - McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo
Forbort - Shattenkirk
Zboril - Mitchell

Ullmark
Bussi

Just put them down for 115 points

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Would be absolutely amazing if the Bs could somehow end up with Hertl. In addition to all his skill he is a unit. His name has been brought up around here in the past for good reason. He's one of those players most people know is really good, but somehow he is still underrated. I have all the respect in the world for players such as him who play for a crap team yet go out every night and give it all they have. And back when the Sharks used to make the playoffs Hertl performed really well when it mattered most. Put him with Pasta and his numbers skyrocket.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
No idea - all up to Hertl

It could - Swayman was mentioned to me and Grzelcyk would make complete sense in many ways if you want a classy veteran you know and trust balance out influx of youngsters

You don’t want to end up like Ducks

Swayman could be franchise Goalie

I am GM I DO NOT want Forbort - it’s 100 % Grzelcyk

The money lines up

Bruins immediately jump to top of East

Zacha - Hertl- Pastrnak
Marchand - Poitras- DeBrusk
JVR - Coyle - Frederic
Lucic - Beecher - Geekie
Lauko

Lohrei - McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo
Forbort - Shattenkirk
Zboril - Mitchell

Ullmark
Bussi

Just put them down for 115 points
You're hired!

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think Hertl returns much more than cap (and would be a deadline deal at the earliest). He can select where he wants to go to, and how many teams have the a) need for a top six center and b) the space to fit him, who are teams he’d want to go to? The list gets pretty small pretty quickly.
My source is well respected

DKH inside Hockey KNow

No BS just DKH dishing the truth

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
1030 start time is brutal for everyone back east

but... those of us on the west coast finally get to catch a game live instead of covering our eyes from 4pm until we get home from work and watching a recording

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He still looks 12
His current headshot being put in the freshman section of a high school yearbook wouldn't look out of place. Not comparing playing style whatsoever, but his positive energy reminds me somewhat of a young Pasta. Always smiling, humble, and seems to just love being on the ice no matter what (not that Pasta has lost all of that over the years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad