GDT: GAME 3 10/17 8 PM - The BRUINS visit Portage and Main | NESN, TSN3, TVAS, 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Bergeron is going to play 60 mins now?

Our D is bad, but they aren't getting much help from the forwards outside of a few. Bergeron will help obviously, but it's not going to solve the issue altogether.

Having Bergy there helps the balance exponentially. Backes and him on seperate lines will be very nice indeed

But yeah, he's not a miracle worker

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
No. Stop with the agenda.

I don't have an agenda, I have an opinion.

An agenda, lol.

That's a popular buzzword these days - tell me, what might my agenda be? Be specific.

Rask is a serviceable goalie - I somewhat conceded by softening my initial stance, yet I remain lacking faith in his ability, generally speaking, to make the big save.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Debatable. Regardless, even if you're right, you'd hope to see a committed move one way or the other versus corkscrewing himself into the ice.

I realize I'm in the minority. I have very little faith in Rask when the big save is required. He's fine otherwise. Maybe I should have said he's not a gamebreaker goalie, in my eyes, and for his salary I want a gamebreaker. Once in a while, anyway.

15 shots one period, one goal allowed, not sure what more you want, you do realize he cannot score right.

minpind

I don't even watch Hockey.......
Oct 4, 2014
Weymouth
Right, his No Movement Clause means he doesn't have to skate, apparently.
Polarpulse+used+roll+picture+polarpulse+rolled+image+something+relevant+_efe83755954294e8ef6130772ba9fcec.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Debatable. Regardless, even if you're right, you'd hope to see a committed move one way or the other versus corkscrewing himself into the ice.

I realize I'm in the minority. I have very little faith in Rask when the big save is required. He's fine otherwise. Maybe I should have said he's not a gamebreaker goalie, in my eyes, and for his salary I want a gamebreaker. Once in a while, anyway.

We'll have to disagree. He had an outstanding period and the only reason theyre still in this game.

The money aspect doesnt phase me for any player. None of them hold a gun to GM head. Its philosophical. I expect a #1 anything to play like one. Center D or G.

Same I dont expect a 600k guy to play like ****. Oh, he blows but thats ok hes a cheap blow.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't have an agenda, I have an opinion.

An agenda, lol.

That's a popular buzzword these days - tell me, what might my agenda be? Be specific.

Rask is a serviceable goalie - I somewhat conceded by softening my initial stance, yet I remain lacking faith in his ability, generally speaking, to make the big save.

The "agenda" opinion spawns directly from the fact that you choose to criticize a goalie who stopped prime scoring chance after chance in the period. Yet, you want to focus on how he "corkscrewed" himself into the ice on a breakaway goal that Wheeler had about three full seconds to execute.

I agree. "Agenda" is becoming very cliche around this board. But, you're displaying it to a T.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
We'll have to disagree. He had an outstanding period and the only reason theyre still in this game.

The money aspect doesnt phase me for any player. None of them hold a gun to GM head. Its philosophical. I expect a #1 anything to play like one. Center D or G.

Same I dont expect a 600k guy to play like ****. Oh, he blows but thats ok hes a cheap blow.

I wasn't clear, I guess, in that I was looking beyond one period of hockey.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I'm not criticizing him after that period, I am commenting on his game in general.

I think he's been great so far this season, alleviating a lot of my concerns.

Khudobin's performance the other night however was concerning , Rask needs a viable back up otherwise he will wear down this season covering for the inevitable defensive mistakes and deficits

But it's still early on both of them

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I don't understand why people are putting the D Down.. what did you expect from 2 rookies and a 2nd year?? They will all get better as the year goes on.. Give them time... Krejci on the other hand?!?!

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
The "agenda" opinion spawns directly from the fact that you choose to criticize a goalie who stopped prime scoring chance after chance in the period. Yet, you want to focus on how he "corkscrewed" himself into the ice on a breakaway goal that Wheeler had about three full seconds to execute.

I agree. "Agenda" is becoming very cliche around this board. But, you're displaying it to a T.

Then it should be easy for you to speculate on what an agenda on a message board might be, if I'm being so textbook.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't understand why people are putting the D Down.. what did you expect from 2 rookies and a 2nd year?? They will all get better as the year goes on.. Give them time... Krejci on the other hand?!?!

Saying the D isn't bad does not also imply "I thought the D was better".

It acknowledges the expected fact that the D is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad