GDT: Game 29 | Penguins @ Islanders | 12.10 7PM EST | Balls

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Rust’s last, and only, goal this season was in the Pens 9-1 blowout win over Calgary.

ON OCTOBER 25TH.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Rust gonna score tonight!! Blowout win for the Pens!

I believe Rust's only goal this season came in that 9-1 blowout of Calgary. So apparently those are the only types of games he actually shows up on the scoreboard this year.

I'd personally rather see him actually score when we need him to (ie. a close game) instead of when his goal means jack shit in the big scheme of things.

Reactions: Andy99

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I believe Rust's only goal this season came in that 9-1 blowout of Calgary. So apparently those are the only types of games he actually shows up on the scoreboard this year.

I'd personally rather see him actually score when we need him to (ie. a close game) instead of when his goal means jack **** in the big scheme of things.

What if Rust scores 6 goals? Best of both worlds!

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean, every fan base blames the coach. Easiest cop out.
Maybe but there is a faction here, one that I'm part of that went pretty quickly from really supporting him to wanting him gone ASAP. It's amazing how an attitude can change like that. From both perspectives, people who liked the guy and Sully himself.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
On a serious note, is Rust the quickest turn this forum has ever had?

Warranted, no? If anything it's nice to see people just didn't turn a blind eye. Guys like Maatta, ZAR, and others get a lot more shit than they deserve. Granted I'm also to blame and also granted they deserve a lot of it. BUt they just get ragged no matter what game they have.

As for Rust, it was actually nice to see people not just turning a blind eye.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Warranted, no? If anything it's nice to see people just didn't turn a blind eye. Guys like Maatta, ZAR, and others get a lot more **** than they deserve. Granted I'm also to blame and also granted they deserve a lot of it. BUt they just get ragged no matter what game they have.

As for Rust, it was actually nice to see people not just turning a blind eye.

Lol. Why? He’s been better than Maatta the past three years? Does a 30 game bad streak after his first real contract mean that much?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Going months at a time with one goal after getting like a 600% raise isn't gonna make too many fans.

That's Craig Adams shit. If that's his floor, then we would have been better off maxing out his value last summer.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Lol. Why? He’s been better than Maatta the past three years? Does a 30 game bad streak after his first real contract mean that much?

Maatta's here because we aren't flush with top 4 D and our team has a tendency to play like idiots. He has a history of helping with both.

Depth wingers are alot easier to replace.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Umm.. Yeah. It actually does. When you get paid, you aren't just house money and you have to deliver. That's literally what the contract means. :laugh: It says "You are worth 3.5m to this team. You are going to be asked to produce and be a key role player."

How you can't figure that out is waaaaaaaaaaay beyond me.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
On a serious note, is Rust the quickest turn this forum has ever had?

To be honest, I haven't "turned" on him. I still want him on the Pens and want to see him return to his former form. My issue with him is just how ineffective he's been, so I'm not going to be shy about pointing that out until he smartens the f*** up.

IMO, turning on a player essentially means you're done with him and just want him out of your sight. Rust isn't there with me yet. Maatta, on the other hand ...

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
It’d be one thing of Rust was “snake bit” or was just having bad “puck luck”.

But the reality is he’s been playing like dog shit basically the entire season. After getting a massive raise.

He scored some big goals in the playoffs for this team and I’ll always love that.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
To be honest, I haven't "turned" on him. I still want him on the Pens and want to see him return to his former form. My issue with him is just how ineffective he's been, so I'm not going to be shy about pointing that out until he smartens the **** up.

IMO, turning on a player essentially means you're done with him and just want him out of your sight. Rust isn't there with me yet. Maatta, on the other hand ...

If you analyze hockey or call a player out who should be called out, you will be considered a hater around here. :laugh: We all want Rust to just be himself and we will all be fine with that contract. He just deserves all the shit he's getting. To me, it's that simple. I'll be patient as young guys often slump. It happens. But he also deserves every ounce of shit he's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad