GDT: Game 28: Calgary Flames vs Montreal Canadiens 12/12/22 7:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs are about to hit a hard skid.
Savard is missed on the back end and Marty thinks Allen is a #1.
Also, in all of my years watching hockey I have never seen so many useless vets all on one team, it's uncanny
@Tyson right now.

1670881974194.png

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Curious when MSL is going to crack or go off on the media? The injuries begin the rookies start getting tired. He has the support of the fan base which is wonderful but the real fun begins now.

Monahan and Savard already changes things for MSL. Messes up the lines and the other Ds don't block enough shots.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Curious when MSL is going to crack or go off on the media? The injuries begin the rookies start getting tired. He has the support of the fan base which is wonderful but the real fun begins now.

Once Carey finds the maze the hosts will start to bug.

Until then we play the game within the game.

2016_10_26_14625_1477455835._large.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So hard for him to stay healthy

Sheriffs minutes are down i think he is on a bit of a short leash due to his frequent visits to the box.
Losing too many puck battles he needs to win with his size and his stick.

A rare Monday game, hopefully will be better than a boring MNF. A high scoring OT, 6-5 final.
We played one early in the season I think it was against the Pens.

Reactions: Runner77

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Slaf one of the only guys who hasn't been tried with Caufield and Suzuki.

I think it's time to put Dach back at C and give Slaf some responsibility and see how he reacts.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Slaf one of the only guys who hasn't been tried with Caufield and Suzuki.

I think it's time to put Dach back at C and give Slaf some responsibility and see how he reacts.
wHaT aBoUt GiViNg AnDeRsON mOrE ChAnCeS?

Anderson doesn't have the brain to play with Suzuki and Caufield. Hopefully he produces a bit more and they can trade him before other GMs figure out how useless he is. Personally I don't want those kinds of brains on the team. I rather have a smaller guy who is fast and very smart on the ice. I would trade him in a second for a Paul Byron of a few years ago. Anderson is also a worse producer in the playoffs than regular season, not good.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Well the booing started so there’s that. Maybe the crowd told the kids so msl doesn’t have to ;)

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Hey Marty!

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Dvorak - Dach - Anderson
Pezetta - Evans - Hoffman
Dadonov - Pitlick - Armia

Put all your best players in the top 6. Yes I'm aware Dvorak is a center but a few games at LW to support Dach won't hurt him.

Reactions: Tyson

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
One slight disagreement in that Ylonen also deserves a call up. Richard after all of these years in minors has started to produce.
Ylonen has a bigger NHL upside than Anthony Richard.
If Ylonen had Richard's effort level, I'd be more excited about him. Richard is near the top in the ahl. I think Ylonen has been feeding off of that for most of the year. If Richard starts slumping, just watch Ylonen disappear. Sorry, I really don't find Ylonen to be as impressive as you do. I do hope I'm wrong of course.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hey Marty!

Dvorak - Dach - Anderson

Put all your best players in the top 6. Yes I'm aware Dvorak is a center but a few games at LW to support Dach won't hurt him.
Nice line combos. Serious

If Ylonen had Richard's effort level, I'd be more excited about him. Richard is near the top in the ahl. I think Ylonen has been feeding off of that for most of the year. If Richard starts slumping, just watch Ylonen disappear. Sorry, I really don't find Ylonen to be as impressive as you do. I do hope I'm wrong of course.
You may be right but I think Ylonen ends up in the NHL while Richard will be a career minor leaguer. Just an opinion.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Thanks, I don't understand what Marty is trying to do. I don't want him to turn into another dumb dumb.
It’s probably the number of minutes (and quality of opposition come to think of it) that prohibit MSL from playing Slaf with Suzuki. Another reason might be so he gets a real look at him, not “blurred” by riding the wave of the best player but that’s a stretch… Who knows… Some day…

Reactions: Milhouse40

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
wHaT aBoUt GiViNg AnDeRsON mOrE ChAnCeS?

Anderson doesn't have the brain to play with Suzuki and Caufield. Hopefully he produces a bit more and they can trade him before other GMs figure out how useless he is. Personally I don't want those kinds of brains on the team. I rather have a smaller guy who is fast and very smart on the ice. I would trade him in a second for a Paul Byron of a few years ago. Anderson is also a worse producer in the playoffs than regular season, not good.
I bet Anderson would do great with Reeves and some other nucklehead like that... They bang and crash and create havoc, and Andy just collects rebounds and puts them in. North-South... all the way.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
It’s probably the number of minutes (and quality of opposition come to think of it) that prohibit MSL from playing Slaf with Suzuki. Another reason might be so he gets a real look at him, not “blurred” by riding the wave of the best player but that’s a stretch… Who knows… Some day…
Personally I think that putting Slaf with SuzuField would give him a chance to show his skills and the best possible look at him for us. I don't think Marty could be this dumb with his line combos, he's being told to showcase these useless vets for a possible swindle trade.

I bet Anderson would do great with Reeves and some other nucklehead like that... They bang and crash and create havoc, and Andy just collects rebounds and puts them in. North-South... all the way.
Great Hopefully they are interested in him. I would trade him cheap just to get rid of him.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Personally I think that putting Slaf with SuzuField would give him a chance to show his skills and the best possible look at him for us. I don't think Marty could be this dumb with his line combos, he's being told to showcase these useless vets for a possible swindle trade.

Great Hopefully they are interested in him. I would trade him cheap just to het rid of him.
I agree. Showcasing doesn’t really justify Dach over Slaf there though…

We’re obviously all waiting for that trio since the draft as fans.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah his refreshing aura is starting to fade.
There is only so many wisecracks and profound philosophy I can take. Then again... perhaps the expectation about a coach that never really coached at any professional level should have been pretty low to begin with. Mine was. He was refreshing somewhat he first came and I think he got a much longer leash than Ducharme or Michael Therrien 2.0 ever did, but in the end... he is starting to show what he is... NOT an NHL coach. But... as long as the moral stays high and players that Habs will be building around are happy, I think he achieves his purpose. Oh... and getting us closer to Bedard.

His decisions are much easier to stomach if approached with the Bedard mindset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hey Marty!

Dvorak - Dach - Anderson

Slafkovsky is just not ready to face opponent top D nights in and nights out and taking 18 minutes a night.
There's no good or bad answer here either, this is just not a good team with a whole lot of redundant players.......

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Slafkovsky is just not ready to face opponent top D nights in and nights out and taking 18 minutes a night.
There's no good or bad answer here either, this is just not a good team with a whole lot of redundant players.......
As if that matters, he's 18 with tons of energy. Our team sucks, who cares. Give the fans something to be excited about. Slaf on the 3rd is just horrible. I stand by my lines and think that they destroy Marty's lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad