GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Very low standards. He's getting paid almost 8 million dollars and his forte is to score goals, on pace for below 25 is awful. Suzuki hasn't been good either. Can't see how these guys are 1st liners on a cup contender if they continue playing like this.
Caufield is getting back from shoulder surgery, he will need more games and confidence to 100% get back into it on the goal scoring side of things. He still has 19 points in 23 games on this dog sh*t team.

My point with my post was that the guys were not setting him up for the one timer this season for some reason, now they do and it’s good seeing him taking one timers.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Find a way to trade everybody up front not named Caufield and Suzuki. Pick up kids or contracts. Rack up the picks. Do something.
In a market where Beauvillier is worth a 5th round, not many who have any value,

Reactions: Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I used to be a pro with photoshop. That's 15 minutes of work, dudes.

Joshhcantbuy.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There is a clear lack of skill in the fwd group.

Losing Dach who could drive a line by himself is huge. You could've put Anderson and Gallagher beside him, he would've made it the 2nd line.

Very perimeter friendly team. It takes a lot for them to create grade A chances during in zone offense.
Sorry but I can't say Dach is that good based off of a small sample size. People here were calling Caufield a 50 goalscorer and he's on pace for less than half of that over a quarter of the season in. Dach could have very well struggled too but yes he is dearly missed.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Watched the trailer for the new Fallout TV series. Cannot believe that a game I played in the late 90s is now a TV show. What a time to be alive.

I wonder if they will have the Master in it?

1701568971332.jpeg

Actually can he shoot one timers?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
There is a clear lack of skill in the fwd group.

Losing Dach who could drive a line by himself is huge. You could've put Anderson and Gallagher beside him, he would've made it the 2nd line.

Very perimeter friendly team. It takes a lot for them to create grade A chances during in zone offense.

The loss of Dach can not be understated. This team has a ton of needs, and will take a couple more years to get some help. It becomes much easier to stop Suzuki, Caufield when it's all you got.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Rewatching the 5 on 3 makes me puke a little.
This was so bad.
Everyone was so much on the outside. Suzuki was even outside the zone half the time.
Plus, slow passes to static players.
Jesus Christ wtf was that crap ?

50sHabsFan

Nov 9, 2023
Or you could skip it and move on? If you enjoy watching another season of us LOOKING for positives, but not FINDING many, thats on you. Some of us want the team to succeed, but they mostly just suck.
Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but really do you need to post it consently? And I am sure the continued repeated negative comments will incourage them to improve

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Caufield is getting back from shoulder surgery, he will need more games and confidence to 100% get back into it on the goal scoring side of things. He still has 19 points in 23 games on this dog sh*t team.
Caufield was scoring plenty of goals with one shoulder for a month. Suzuki also has 19 points, neither have been good enough though points aside.

Reactions: Tyson

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The most effective power plays have enormous player movements but that doesn't apply for this team. A 5 on 3 with no movement is insane to me. No urgency
No only thar, but they stayed in the spots you would be for a 5 on 4. You can get in closer, but they like to feed Suzuki who comes in with speed to do a shot that doesn't work anymore, or a pass that doesn't work anymore

b1f594f0569c0ee078d684db0fe5bd34.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Tyson

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I think I'll see if I can stomach listening to Cuthbert's Leafs lovefest to see how that game is going for a bit.

And Domi ties it for the Leafs @ 2 so I've seen enough of that. Back to Habs vs Wings it is.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Rewatching the 5 on 3 makes me puke a little.
This was so bad.
Everyone was so much on the outside. Suzuki was even outside the zone half the time.
Plus, slow passes to static players.
Jesus Christ wtf was that crap ?
Hockey players who wants to play golf already.

The Xmas trip is going to be even more abysmal than usual this year...

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I get the frustration - mine is with the PP, but with all the injuries, yet again this year, it's hard to judge Kent's rebuild - kinna like judging a chef's skills while half their ingredients are still in the garden

Time to move the parts that keep getting busted

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I get the frustration - is with the PP, but with all the injuries, yet again this year, it's hard to judge Kent's rebuild - kinna like judging a chef's skills while half their ingredients are still in the garden
If the issues we have were only that sure I agree. But it's actually a combination of system and selection. There isn't a team in the league that would have a great PP with only one player attacking the blue line. Not even with McJesus. Then it's been evident since game one that our second wave has often moved the puck faster and had a better looking structure than our first wave. That should be telling the staff something about their first wave. Swapping Gallagher and Anderson as the adjustment isn't going to address anything.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Red Wings will score in the first 3 minutes of the third and 90% of us will turn off the tv.

The 10% remaining will only watch to see if Anderson can finally score :)

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I get the Habs are supposed to suck but the team is doing shit that you shouldn't be doing in beer league let alone the best league in the World.

5 on 3 and you don't have someone over 6' screening the goalie constantly? f***ing amateur hour

5 on 3 and you're still almost at the blue line ? f***ing amateur hour

On thr PK and you're not putting your sticks on lanes to take passes away ? f***ing amateur hour.

You're not being aggressive at all on the pk ? f***ing amateur hour.

You keep doing the same shit with the same members ? f***ing amateur hour.

Reactions: Habs and Tyson

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Watched the trailer for the new Fallout TV series. Cannot believe that a game I played in the late 90s is now a TV show. What a time to be alive.

I wonder if they will have the Master in it?

View attachment 776923

Actually can he shoot one timers?
I remember brotherhood of steel. Christ I'm old.

Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, also called Fallout Tactics, is a turn-based real-time tactical role-playing game set in the post-apocalyptic Fallout universe. Developed by Micro Forté and published by 14 Degrees East, Fallout Tactics was released on 14 March 2001 for Microsoft Windows. It sold above 300,000 units worldwide by 2008.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I get the Habs are supposed to suck but the team is doing shit that you shouldn't be doing in beer league let alone the best league in the World.

5 on 3 and you don't have someone over 6' screening the goalie constantly? f***ing amateur hour

5 on 3 and you're still almost at the blue line ? f***ing amateur hour

On thr PK and you're not putting your sticks on lanes to take passes away ? f***ing amateur hour.

You're not being aggressive at all on the pk ? f***ing amateur hour.

You keep doing the same shit with the same members ? f***ing amateur hour.

There nobody that can hang with coke and Nick sadly. Michkov could have ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad