GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At least CC is starting to one time more, i’m happy. We know it’s gonna go in at some point for him.
Very low standards. He's getting paid almost 8 million dollars and his forte is to score goals, on pace for below 25 is awful. Suzuki hasn't been good either. Can't see how these guys are 1st liners on a cup contender if they continue playing like this.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What does it mean to draft by needs? It means that NOW, based on the pressure that we HAVE to draft a forward, if a d-man is there and is significantly better than the next forward, we WILL draft a forward. Makes. No. Sense. People would draft Connelly before they'd draft Dickinson...

Reactions: Canadienna

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I certainly would have called a time out before that 5-3. Our PP going so well we don't need to discuss anything or rest our guys who had already been out there for a minute. Game situation 2 goals down but I guess we have to save it for a more opportune moment?
:dunno:
No need to call a pp when you have nothing to say because you're Alex Burrows and you're an idiot.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No, this is a brutal team. You could add that they're soft. My biggest disappointment is Suzuki. I really thought he was trending as a ppg player last year.
I genuinely thought Caufield and Suzuki would emerge as PPG players with how they were playing with Dach. They have both really fallen off. Suzuki rarely makes skill moves anymore and CC is off position and is not a threat as a goalscorer 5v5 this year (Kovacevic has the same amount as him ffs).

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Find a way to trade everybody up front not named Caufield and Suzuki. Pick up kids or contracts. Rack up the picks. Do something.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I certainly would have called a time out before that 5-3. Our PP going so well we don't need to discuss anything or rest our guys who had already been out there for a minute. Game situation 2 goals down but I guess we have to save it for a more opportune moment?
:dunno:
Spot on, Caufield needed a breather, key moment

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm really not impressed with Suzuki and CC this year. Very inconsistent. I know the team sucks but I still expected them to play better than they have so far this year, they were electric to start last year on an equally bad team.

Hard to see the "MSL effect", Monty steals us games which is why we aren't bottom 3. Nothing on this team is impressive besides that.

There is a clear lack of skill in the fwd group.

Losing Dach who could drive a line by himself is huge. You could've put Anderson and Gallagher beside him, he would've made it the 2nd line.

Very perimeter friendly team. It takes a lot for them to create grade A chances during in zone offense.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Getting destroyed physically and offensively, quite the blueprint for a rebuilt Kent :)
I get the frustration - mine is with the PP, but with all the injuries, yet again this year, it's hard to judge Kent's rebuild - kinna like judging a chef's skills while half their ingredients are still in the garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad