BRUINS GDT GAME 23 12/2 7:14 PM - THE BEAR explores Yonge Street - NESN, NHLN (NO ESPN+), SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I just have a gut feeling the Leafs are going to win big and absolutely do as they please to the Bruins because they have Reaves there.
That might be a good sign because didn't you say you had a bad feeling about the panthers game recently and that turned out ok

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
State-of-the-art communication devices in the Toronto subway

View attachment 776560
Which stop was that? We went to Toronto in September, we took Ubers until we figured out their transit system, which ran so much nicer/better than the MBTA. Overall, it was a great experience. I started talking to a transit system employee (at the station near our hotel next to the old Maple Leafs Garden (belongs to a college now) who's a Canadiens fan, but I didn't know that until he asked me where we're from? I said "your mortal enemy Boston" he said that he respects Boston and "yes we are enemies"
he loves and respects the Bruins and Boston. He's 100% Greek, I'm only partially Greek. We spent an hour talking to him and he directed us to "Greek Town" in Toronto. Unfortunately, we never got a chance to go there. I asked him if he's a member of HF Boards but being that he considers himself an ''old guy" (he was several years younger than me) he didn't have interest in joining. He also "doesn't care for the TML." lol
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend!" We went back to see him one afternoon but he wasn't on duty.

This mural was installed at COLLEGE Station in Toronto in 1984

Can you imagine the T doing this at North Station????

View attachment 776564
We were at this station! My wife is Christmas shopping right now (she would remember) is this at the old MLG station? My "friend" ^^^^^(post above) Gino said that they had a huge mural across from it but when they rebuilt the station they had to remove a big portion of it across the other side. Can't remember if he told us what they did with it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Haven't been able to watch the last few games aside from a few minutes here or there due to work. I was looking through some stats this morning before we go get our Christmas Tree and I'm not sure what I'm more shocked by....

Coyle - 2nd on team in points
Poitras - Tied for 5th on the team in goals
Pastrnak - 4th on the team in hits
G
Gotta respect them because a lot of us never expected any of that. Pasta has shown in the past a willingness to stand up which is the most outstanding thing. He's basically our star scorer and few if any stand up for him but he'll stick his nose in on a fray. Big props for that!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
What the living hell is Monty talking about? Was it the 80% faceoff wins against the Sharks he didn't like? Or maybe the 75% faceoff wins the game before that one. You know, the one in which Beecher scored one of the Bs two goals. Of all the players not on top of their game, Beecher isn't near the top of my list. He's hitting, playing physical, being responsible, winning a crazy pct of draws, etc. Monty isn't supposed to start saying stupid things until playoff time.

That reeked of a Cassidy under the bus line.

He easily could have sold needing Steen to have an opportunity.

Toronto board is infected with revenge on Marchand. They have elected Reaves or Domi to take him out.

Sad, silly fan base. (Here).

Real life Toronto fans have always been pleasant at TD Garden. Better than Habs fans. Here however the average age is the teens at best and it shows. Marchand won a puck battle and they want him taken out, naturally. This is why Reaves might be a concern since he had the moronic post game interview basically forcing himself into a position to act this game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just read through the Leafs board. They want violence. They want Brad plus Pasta and others taken out.

Thankfully it is just a bunch of fools sitting in their mom's basement posting.

I want the usual...a nice Bruins win with no injuries.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS... HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I just read through the Leafs board. They want violence. They want Brad plus Pasta and others taken out.

Thankfully it is just a bunch of fools sitting in their mom's basement.

I just hope the boys are ready IF they decide to go after Brad, Pasta, or especially Poitras.

My cat Pugsley isn't fazed by these shenanigans!

20231202_151040.jpg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'll be surprised if the Leafs don't try to up the intensity tonight, at least for the 1st period. They got roasted by their coach, media, and fans after the last game and I'm sure they're getting the point hammered to them leading up to this. Even with Reaves, they don't have the horses to keep it up all game long and if Reaves plays anything over 10 minutes, that's a win for Boston because he's one of the worst players in the league at actual hockey.

At the end of the day, Toronto's speed and skill is what the Bruins should be most concerned about, especially if they have an extra pep in their step because of the build-up to this.

I think it's a bad move by the coach to take Beecher out of this game, especially when there's a chance things could get physical.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Reaves is 6'2" 226 but he's put on some fat and He'll be 37 next month . I think Forbort could give him a go.
I just don't see Reaves as a big problem and I doubt the B's are worried about him,
Lol Forbort is so bad at fight every time he get his ass kicked...forget that Forbort never going to let the mit drops for Reaves

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Because I don’t like what he did and I don’t support domestic abuse.
I don't either. I was on the receiving end (many years ago) of an abusive drunk.

Looch needs help and it seems like he will get it. I don't like that he did that but will always like him as the player.

He was always nice to me and I wish him and his family the best.

The folks that I know who work for the Bs feel the same.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Marchand isn’t fighting Reaves.

What Boston should do is go out there and start smashing Leafs around, forcing them to play Reaves more. He will be running around though, no doubt.

The thing is. If he’s going to do that, go absolutely dummy Marner.
Bruins dont smash any team come on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad