GDT: Game 21: Avalanche @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When’s the last time we didn’t have a slow start? What exactly is Tocchet saying pregame?
Well, if he stumbles like he did in his presser they players couldn't understand him anyway. He may have told the players "don't play like dopes", and the players thought he said "let's play rope a dope".

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was a good avalanche team tonight. Knew how to play us and they were relentless on the puck.
Yup, the Av's have not been hitting on all 8, and after the Wild torched them, they came out flying. They are a heavy team and getting their injured players back. They are a SC favorite. We are a bubble team.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They played St Louis just fine, including a 1-0 playoff style win. It's really just the confidence (momentum) and coaching. Sure, they could use a power forward or two, but every team wants that.

They had nothing tonight because Bednar is a great systems coach that pressed the Coyotes and Tocchet never even attempted to adjust.

I think Bednar is a X and O's guy and he's able to break down our film and take away what we do and Tocchet just keeps trying the breakout up the wall and Bednar is probably laughing on the bench. He just looks so confused on the bench like he has no clue how to correct it.
The Yotes looked slow and uninterested, but let's give the Av's some credit. We could not get into a shooting match with them, we had to try and keep it close and wait for them to make mistakes. Toe Blake wouldn't be able to coach the Yote's to victory last night. We all know that RT can not or does not make adjustments, and I don't think Bednar was the reason the Av's won with his x's and o's, rather it is talent.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The Yotes looked slow and uninterested, but let's give the Av's some credit. We could not get into a shooting match with them, we had to try and keep it close and wait for them to make mistakes. Toe Blake wouldn't be able to coach the Yote's to victory last night. We all know that RT can not or does not make adjustments, and I don't think Bednar was the reason the Av's won with his x's and o's, rather it is talent.
Agreed, way more talent, better team, motivated after a few losses. We might have a better chance next game against them if they relax a little and we play harder, catch a few breaks. Cup contender versus want a be playoff team.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hey don’t steal my Toe Blake line!:ha:

Reactions: Jakey53

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
He literally said that himself haha. Because he didn’t “want the guys to get tired of his voice.” I’m becoming more and more convinced that he has one on one pep talks with guys in practice and the other guys do everything else. He let Steve Peters go in the room last year and breakdown film and talk to them about X’s and O’s! Because he can probably do it better!

Sounds like the Gretzky days.

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
This game reminded me of the South Park episode where the kids played the Red Wings

vtpYb8WRdoFcv_rv1h3Mvphljyz5BsJt1LEwQasOydc.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad