GDT: Game 21: Avalanche @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
This will be interesting to see. Will the Yotes come out with any fire from the absolute bum hammering they took from the Avs in the last 2 playoff games? Or will the play scared... or sloppy?

To me, this is a big time for the Yotes to show what they have. I want them to show me that they DO have some freakin pride and that they are pissed about the scores getting run up on them 2 games in a row.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Teams getting trashed will normally take it out on the next opponent.

So, just our luck the Avs got trashed by the Wild a couple of days ago.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Didn't Toccet try to pretend that Kuemper wasn't hurt and he made the choice to pull him in order to spark the team to their eventual comeback? The idea being that he's a coaching genius, rather than a complete imbecile who's completely short-sighted that he can't but help absolutely grind his starting goalie right into the ground season, after season despite learning how that inevitably leads to injury and a huge slide down the standings?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Maybe this lying bs is what is needed to get him canned?

Hear me out... the new ownership group liked Tocchet and Chayka and trusted them (so we were told). Well, we see how that went with Chayka and the ownership did not like the dishonesty side of that situation one bit. Now, they see Tocchet get caught in a stupid lie like this... how much can they trust him? If they value honesty, then maybe this is a bad look.

Really though, this is likely just wishful thinking on my part. A man can dream.

What a scumbag, though. Stupidest lie I've ever heard... if the dude is injured, people will know next game for sure.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kuemper shouldn't have come out for the 3rd even if he was healthy. It was a 3-0 game, Kuemper looked fatigued, and your young completely fresh goalie needs to see game action for the first time this year. That is exactly the situation where you put in your backup to start the period so he can get extra stretching in. That has been a standard coaching convention for decades.

Tocchet can't handle the basics.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Maybe this lying bs is what is needed to get him canned?

Hear me out... the new ownership group liked Tocchet and Chayka and trusted them (so we were told). Well, we see how that went with Chayka and the ownership did not like the dishonesty side of that situation one bit. Now, they see Tocchet get caught in a stupid lie like this... how much can they trust him? If they value honesty, then maybe this is a bad look.

Really though, this is likely just wishful thinking on my part. A man can dream.

What a scumbag, though. Stupidest lie I've ever heard... if the dude is injured, people will know next game for sure.

Maybe it’s a good sign that there has been absolutely no talks of an extension with BA, and he knows that his job is on the line so he’s just making stuff up to make himself look good. What exactly does he do, I really wonder. It seems like he’s good with one on one conversations and interaction. He doesn’t address the room as a whole to my knowledge, at least most of the time it’s someone else. He doesn’t call timeouts or pull goalies or do anything to spark the team. He doesn’t run the PP or ever know what’s going on with it. He’s basically still an assistant coach with a HC title.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
We we knew that you know we can pull Kuemps and you know mmm spark the the uhh team against you know Anaheim. And you know obviously we came back, we came back and we didn't stop believing and won in, won in the shootout. But Kuemps, no, no injury, no issue with his you know groin and mmmm not not tired. And Raants has been uhhh close so he is back you know tonight and Hillsy made some you know some big saves for us. Big glove save.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
I wonder what GMBA thoughts are on Gerard Gallant. H doesn't speak French so we're safe there. The shelf life on RT has long expired.

Gallant and BA seem very aligned in their roster building philosophy. My largest concern with Gallant before was how he would handle Chayka building the team. I like Gallant 10x more now.

Pretty strange he is still without a HC position though...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gallant and BA seem very aligned in their roster building philosophy. My largest concern with Gallant before was how he would handle Chayka building the team. I like Gallant 10x more now.

Pretty strange he is still without a HC position though...

He's the favorite to get the Seattle job based on his experience with Vegas I believe.

Reactions: Grimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad