GDT: Game 21: Avalanche @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He's the favorite to get the Seattle job based on his experience with Vegas I believe.
I can't remember where I heard it yesterday but Seattle has spoken with several people and this guy said they have only talked contact with one. I'll look back but it was not Gallant.

Reactions: Jakey53

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Didn't we see Kuemper lumbering on the ice early in the 3rd period? Tocc being Tocc.

That's the other thing that chaps my ass from this situation. Either RT was lying about the reason OR he really didn't know Kuemper was injured which just shows how shitty of a head coach a guy has to be to not even notice his all star goalie is injured.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Coach says it's only a "very minor" lower body injury. Stubbed a toe inside a skate or something. Maybe Raanta can similarly spark the team tonight part way through a period.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As far as Gallant goes, I'm not sure that this team is constructed to suit the Gallant style, of all out aggression. I've never seen a team as aggressive as his Knights. We need more players who are very good 2 way players, as in Gallant's system players are going to get exposed mano a mano.

Reactions: SniperHF

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Gallant was in the running for Washington job but couldn’t get over Canadian border to interview.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
As far as Gallant goes, I'm not sure that this team is constructed to suit the Gallant style, of all out aggression. I've never seen a team as aggressive as his Knights. We need more players who are very good 2 way players, as in Gallant's system players are going to get exposed mano a mano.
We're building toward that. Look at who Armstrong has decided to re-sign as free agents, and brought in as UFAs so far: Lyubushkin, Fischer, Pitlick, Hayden, Larsson, Hunt, Caggiula, and Brassard. Armstrong wasn't going to make us a Gallant team in a single off-season. But we got a helluva lot closer in a super short period of time.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Really? I'd have thought Gerard Gallant. Tenacious forechecking teams, who battle for loose pucks, but play with speed through the neutral zone. He's got a fiery persona, not unlike BA himself.

They coached together in Providence.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
One of the best things I could think of happening for this franchise on the ice is Tocchet leaving after this season and BA bringing in Gallant. He would be absolutely perfect.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
One of the best things I could think of happening for this franchise on the ice is Tocchet leaving after this season and BA bringing in Gallant. He would be absolutely perfect.
I think BA would give Gallant the types of players he’d want I use and Gallant would use the players in the way BA wants. Seems like they’d make the perfect battery. And we could give them a fun celebrity couple mash up moniker: BAGG.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
What's our coaching budget? We're only paying 1.5 mil for Tocchet. Are we willing to pay one of the big names three times that?

I don't think Meruelo is cheap or anything - we're spending to the cap under him - but maybe part of the reason we landed Army as GM is the price (1 mil). We didn't even talk to the expensive guys like Hextall and Shero.

Just a thought.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I don’t know. His comments after the game were bizarre and a little pathetic. Imagine yourself behaving like that. It’s nuts.

He might not have realized Kuemper had actually tweaked something when he told Hill to go in.

Regardless of how you look at it he still made the move he needed to.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What's our coaching budget? We're only paying 1.5 mil for Tocchet. Are we willing to pay one of the big names three times that?

I don't think Meruelo is cheap or anything - we're spending to the cap under him - but maybe part of the reason we landed Army as GM is the price (1 mil). We didn't even talk to the expensive guys like Hextall and Shero.

Just a thought.

I'd be happy with Todd Nelson backed up by Varady and Stillman.

He might not have realized Kuemper had actually tweaked something when he told Hill to go in.

Regardless of how you look at it he still made the move he needed to.

You don't start your goalie for the 3rd period to pull him after two minutes on a routine stoppage. That just doesn't happen. It's not a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad