BRUINS GDT GAME 21 7:08 PM - THE BEAR visits the Columbus Zoo and a historical landmark - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I would sit Pasta before Sway , Goalie pulled with 7 min on the clock.

Seems more like panic moves rather rather than strategic moves
The only serious criticism I have regarding Monty is allowing Bergy to play in Bergy's last game at Montreal, where Bergy got injured. That seriously effected last season's PO's.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I would sit Pasta before Sway , Goalie pulled with 7 min on the clock.

Seems more like panic moves rather rather than strategic moves
Honest question.....If it was Ullmark that got pulled in the 2nd, instead of Swayman, would the reaction on this board be the same?

I didn't agree with the move when it happened, but I get it. It didn't have the desired effect, and I'm sure Swayman wasn't happy about it. I'm also sure he'll get over it.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
what would you rather he do when no one looked like they gave a shit?

also woof on that joke :/
Don't punish your best player who just stopped a breakaway prior to being pulled or at least wait til the end of the period to switch goalies

..that wasn't a joke

Reactions: hrdpuk

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Losing 3 is not a big deal . It's how they are losing .
Agreed. They've looked like shit the past 3 games. It happens to them, and every other NHL team, every season. You go through rough patches. They're also 14-4-3 and have one of the best records in the league, so I think they've got a pretty good idea of what they are doing.

They'll figure it out.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Honest question.....If it was Ullmark that got pulled in the 2nd, instead of Swayman, would the reaction on this board be the same?

I didn't agree with the move when it happened, but I get it. It didn't have the desired effect, and I'm sure Swayman wasn't happy about it. I'm also sure he'll get over it.
No it wouldn’t.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Yes.
I think he pulled the wrong player.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Three in a row feels like we are coming back to reality. We had a pretty soft schedule to start the year although losing to the tire fire blue jackets is just bad

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Don't punish your best player who just stopped a breakaway prior to being pulled or at least wait til the end of the period to switch goalies

..that wasn't a joke pulling the goalie during the game to
Agreed. They've looked like shit the past 3 games. It happens to them, and every other NHL team, every season. You go through rough patches. They're also 14-4-3 and have one of the best records in the league, so I think they've got a pretty good idea of what they are doing.

They'll figure it out.
The reason the season is 82 games and not 20 is to present a more realistic take on what kind of team we're dealing with.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Its odd to me that no one is pointing at the obvious.

They are clearly having issues with focus and getting up for the games.

I wonder if there is anything off the ice happening that could be distracting for them...

Like this obviously isn't just regressing to the mean, they have played awful during this stretch.
They were not as good as their 1st 18 games made them appear. They're not as bad as these last 3 games make them appear. They will eventually reach their Peter Principle

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and hrdpuk

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Its odd to me that no one is pointing at the obvious.

They are clearly having issues with focus and getting up for the games.

I wonder if there is anything off the ice happening that could be distracting for them...

Like this obviously isn't just regressing to the mean, they have played awful during this stretch.
I think that's a fair point, and one I hadn't thought of until you mentioned it. I wouldn't put it all on the off-ice issues from last week, but I gotta believe that its definitely been a distraction.

Reactions: caz16 and NeelyOrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad