BRUINS GDT GAME 21 7:08 PM - THE BEAR visits the Columbus Zoo and a historical landmark - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
The more I see the games that Monty coaches this season, the more I’m convinced he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Switching lines every game is like throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks.

Can't really agree with this at all. Dude is like 80-20 or some shit. insane win rate. Saying he doesn't know what he's doing after our first losing slump in a season where we've vastly outperformed expectations up until this point is foolish.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
To shake up the team im guessing.

Not really a horrible move but not great either. It just pissed Swayman off and the team continued to look like they didn’t give a f***.
I think that's a horrible move to piss off your most consistent player this season and makes no sense ....especially after Ullmark just got throttled last game

..and that's also a good way to cause dissension on the team

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Why didn't the coach bench Pasta or Brad or Coyle or Carlo or Jake Or Griz.

Pull the guy that's been your best player all season because your roster is full of weak softies is laughable
Hated the move. Second goal wasn't even his fault. Dude pulled off a trick shot through his own teammate's legs with Sway not even seeing it. Goalies are headcases as it is, so pulling a guy that early when the whole team is playing like ass is a dick move that serves no purpose. Not sure how that fires up a team in that situation. Obviously didn't work. Glad Swayman gives enough of a shit to be peeved.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think that's a horrible move to piss off your most consistent player this season and makes no sense ....especially after Ullmark just got throttled last game

That’s coaching being afraid. Have to do something. They had no spark. Columbus skating circles around them. Blame the team not the coach. That’s his job.

Reactions: NeelyOrr and Alicat

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Come on. Swapping out goalies when the team is listless is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Complaining about is just looking for things to complain about. When there are real things worth complaining about.

Reactions: Alicat and chizzler

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
....kinda like a lot of posters on this board.

That's not specifically directed at you. Just a general observation. Happens every year when we lose 3 in a row. Like clockwork.
Just people noticing a weakness.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hated the move. Second goal wasn't even his fault. Dude pulled off a trick shot through his own teammate's legs with Sway not even seeing it. Goalies are headcases as it is, so pulling a guy that early when the whole team is playing like ass is a dick move that serves no purpose. Not sure how that fires up a team in that situation. Obviously didn't work. Glad Swayman gives enough of a shit to be peeved.
The best part about the whole thing is how Swayman will channel how pissed he is into his game. He plays very well when pissed off as does Linus. Hopefully it is contagious. I wouldn’t hesitate to start him on Thursday.

Reactions: hrdpuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad