GDT: Game 20: Canada Vs Czech Republic | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 7 - 2 CZE

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I fully admit I didn't have much hope for this team and the pool of death. We got our points of Russia and America which is tremendous. I doubt we've gotten points from 2 big 5 nations very often in the last decade.

Kudos to Varada and the boys who are all playing well above their paygrid. Our D has been much better than I expected overall.

Sweden is a huge favourite... a gold medal contender no doubt. It'll be a very hard game but I'm hoping we can do the 4-3 thing and get a good game out of it.

Has better be okay
Dostal better be back
Sir better be back

They changed it.. US/Finland is now 11:30! YES... can't wait to see that one.

Reactions: czechcanadian

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Player of the game goes to the rink DJ. 7-2 game and the roof was about to blow off that old barn. Love it.

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The world champion in taking stupid penalties in the offensive zone is clear. Otakar Sik leading the team in this respect. Straight idiocy.

The game reporter on the Czech TV was pure gold.

Intermission interview:

Player: "We took a couple of needless penalties early into the game..."
Reporter: "If you know it's wrong why are you doing it over and over?"
Player: "I don't really know. It has been our problem in this game..."
Reporter: "It has been your problem in this whole tournament."

I believe that lady is not that player's favorite girl now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The world champion in taking stupid penalties in the offensive zone is clear. Otakar Sik leading the team in this respect. Straight idiocy.

The game reporter on the Czech TV was pure gold.

Intermission interview:

Player: "We took a couple of needless penalties early into the game..."
Reporter: "If you know it's wrong why are you doing it over and over?"
Player: "I don't really know. It has been our problem in this game..."
Reporter: "It has been your problem in this whole tournament."

I believe that lady is not that player's favorite girl now.

That is harsh.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I looked it up.

More accurately, it was Expressen and they had the faces of the players with their NHL salaries under a headline that read "Guilty : They Betrayed Their Country."
Well canadian media would probably been upset with a QF olympic loss over Belarus as well.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well canadian media would probably been upset with a QF olympic loss over Belarus as well.
Well of course, though I have never seen them do anything like this but even if they did the original complaint was addressed. I mean sadly this shit happens among the armchair fans in sports across all countries.
He was making into into some peculiar to the Canadian psyche behaviour when any common sense should preclude a person from doing that, we all know sports especially when countries are involved can drive some folks crazy.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Oh I’m sure.

I just don’t think Canada is uniquely hard on its hockey players.

I will say that we may be uniquely very disappointed with silver and bronze, which is kind of funny because we are very proud in other sports.

Reactions: jj cale and wacko2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad