Game 2 - The Comeback Story - Leafs vs Lightning 7pm EST - SN, ESPN, CBC, TVAS, BSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I won the one for a sport I don't watch or follow.... but have not go any traction in the one I do. :laugh:
OT but does it notify you if you win/lose? Or do you just know based on not being able to sign up for the next part?

On topic, I concur this is must win, based on the balance of play in some of the other series I felt some teams going down 2-0 is bad but not insurmountable. Going down 2-0 vs the lightning feels like a death sentence. They might be banged up but they have too much experience and too much Vasi to lose 4/5 imo.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Jeannot is back? Thought he was likely done for the year, I guess Briesbois gets a chance to vindicate himself for the 3rd straight time.

Looking at the Tampa roster, their 1st line is super overpowered. I would take their top line over any other teams, including Edmonton.

What's interesting is that after the 1st line, the other 9 forwards are all gritty role players who know their job and cause matchup nightmares. It is really looking like a team built for the playoffs as long as the top line keeps scoring.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A tough one for Tampa if both Hedman and Cernak can’t play. But that’s a team of pros that has won without key players before. They don’t make excuses. It’s just next man up. Can the two young D continue their great play from last game and can the two replacements step in and hold their own.
Tampa owned the front of the net last game at both ends. They were in Samsonov’s grill all night and boxed out the Leafs in front of Vasi.
I expect Toronto to come out flying as this is pretty much a must win but I expected that last game too so who knows? Vasi may need to steal this one for Tampa if they are to go home up 2-0.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Why no Liljegren for the Leafs?

He would be better than Holl on the bottom pair. Are they missing someone else too? I remember their defense looking a lot better on paper early in the year

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
If Hedman and Cernak miss significant time, Tampa is in a world of hurt. They no longer have McDonough to eat big minutes. If tampa is to win the series without those two, Vasi is going to have to be in God mode.

Leafs are not a team to try to run and gun with. Interested to see how Cooper approaches this.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
OT but does it notify you if you win/lose? Or do you just know based on not being able to sign up for the next part?

On topic, I concur this is must win, based on the balance of play in some of the other series I felt some teams going down 2-0 is bad but not insurmountable. Going down 2-0 vs the lightning feels like a death sentence. They might be banged up but they have too much experience and too much Vasi to lose 4/5 imo.

If you pick correctly, you'd get a notification when the next round of games is available.

If you pick incorrectly......you never hear from it again. :(

Reactions: North Cole

FlamingBolts0815

Apr 4, 2023
Can anyone suggest a very "spirited" Toronto Maple Leafs centric podcast? I want to listen to yesterday's episode and hopefully tomorrow's. I want to hear some serious "HERE WE GO AGAIN" meltdowns. I love me some serious schadenfreude. I mean...it's just a game. No one is going to die. But yet hearing people act like the world is going to end is entertaining. Because the pain is all self-inflicted.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Can anyone suggest a very "spirited" Toronto Maple Leafs centric podcast? I want to listen to yesterday's episode and hopefully tomorrow's. I want to hear some serious "HERE WE GO AGAIN" meltdowns. I love me some serious schadenfreude. I mean...it's just a game. No one is going to die. But yet hearing people act like the world is going to end is entertaining. Because the pain is all self-inflicted.
I’d give Real Kyper and Bourne from yesterday a listen. Kyper and Bourne are quite level headed and don’t fit the bill really for what you’re looking for.

But Sammy McKee, podcast producer turned into likable Leafs super fan is in pain. He was in pain even on game day before the puck dropped.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
If you pick correctly, you'd get a notification when the next round of games is available.

If you pick incorrectly......you never hear from it again. :(
Ah okay, thanks. I had to look back and I must have just missed it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Something something Steve Dangle.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
They don't trust Lilly and it kills me. Would prefer him over Schenn or Holl.
Schenn is fine on the 3rd pair as a bruiser for the playoffs but goodness would our 2nd pairing be better with Liljegren replacing Holl. I will never understand why Keefe plays him and if things go south I will be glad if theyre both gone next year.

Why no Liljegren for the Leafs?

He would be better than Holl on the bottom pair. Are they missing someone else too? I remember their defense looking a lot better on paper early in the year
Theres no real reason. I agree. Lilly was one of our best D all year. If they play him over Holl (they wont) I will honestly jump for joy

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
5-4 Tampa win in overtime.

Kuch x 2
Stamkos
Point
Perry in OT

Matthews x 2
Knies
Nylander

HAPPY 420